started to play fps again.

whats the best settings for the ec2-a
in terms of dpi/pooling rate?

thanks
wink.gif

·
Registered
485 Posts
It doesn't really matter, it performs good at any DPI step and any polling rate. Just use something that you feel comfortable with (I'd say 400 or 800dpi) and ignore the polling rate (Default is 1000Hz)
Some people says that 500Hz feels better on Zowie mice, but I can't notice any difference at all.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

It doesn't really matter, it performs good at any DPI step and any polling rate. Just use something that you feel comfortable with (I'd say 400 or 800dpi) and ignore the polling rate (Default is 1000Hz)
Some people says that 500Hz feels better on Zowie mice, but I can't notice any difference at all.
ok thanks:)
someone told me higher dpi is better (im used to 400) and i told him its bs but i wanted to make sure

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aLv1080 View Post

Hell I thought 500 was supposedly better on the Zowie mice. lol

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

That was true for older A3090 models by Zowie, malfunction speed was higher then. Not the case anymore.
The malfunction speed on my FK is notably higher on 500Hz, at 1000Hz it's limited to an 8 bit data path.
tongue.gif

·
Ex-resident Kinzu shill
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

Original FK is A3090, so yeah.
Yeah but unusually enough my AM (which is also 3090) didn't get limited to 1.5m/s like my FK does.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nircc View Post

ok thanks:)
someone told me higher dpi is better (im used to 400) and i told him its bs but i wanted to make sure
There are arguments to be made for a somewhat higher dpi than 400 especially if you use a somewhat high, but reasonable sensitivity like 3-4 in game at 400 dpi, but unless you are playing really high sensitivity 800 dpi should enough and 1600 is more than enough. That is my take on it anyway. Its been talked to death in other threads and pixel skipping isn't really the most relevant thing for determining what dpi to use, but at 1920x1080 you do get movements bigger than a single pixel at the center of the screen from a single mouse count around 2.3 in game if I remember correctly. I would like to avoid that so I play at 1.6 in game with 800 dpi instead of 3.2 at 400. Do whatever feels best to you though and many players much better than me play with 3-4 in game at 400dpi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts