Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got their hands on one of these yet? I know ECS doesn't have a great rep around here, but from what I've seen, they've really stepped their game up in the last year or so.

Here's the board. It has a Lucid Hydra chip (the only LGA1155 board with it, AFAIK) and is retailing on Newegg for $289.99.

ecs_p67h2_a.jpg

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Good luck with product support. Their BIOS is dated back in October.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
does 3-way SLI though, thats pretty nice.

hydra is not bad these days either.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,585 Posts
That is a sexy board.
And i really dont have any problems with ECS. Nothing special, but not bad either.

I might buy one of them....if there is a BIOS update.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTech;12050891
Good luck with product support. Their BIOS is dated back in October.
Which means nothing if it's perfectly fine. ECS' tech support isn't that bad. They were pretty prompt in getting back to me on my 785GM-M.

Remember, BIOS updates are only necessary if there are problems. No problems, then don't do a BIOS update
thumb.gif

Sandy Bridge was available to motherboard manufacturers LONG before the consumers. If they had their quirks sorted out in October, then good for them.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvjavs;12051199
Which means nothing if it's perfectly fine. ECS' tech support isn't that bad. They were pretty prompt in getting back to me on my 785GM-M.

Remember, BIOS updates are only necessary if there are problems. No problems, then don't do a BIOS update
thumb.gif

Sandy Bridge was available to motherboard manufacturers LONG before the consumers. If they had their quirks sorted out in October, then good for them.
That is not necessarily true, you want to know what that board is missing? CPU PLL Overvoltage which ONLY intel boards had before release day.

Looks like a nice board, but ECS and other companies like them aren't known for OC ability. That is why they aren't popular, but for a system builder it should be better than fine. ECS has to make decent boards as they make most motherboards on the market.

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;12051228
That is not necessarily true, you want to know what that board is missing? CPU PLL Overvoltage which ONLY intel boards had before release day.
Can CPU PLL overvoltage be added through a BIOS update?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;12051228
Looks like a nice board, but ECS and other companies like them aren't known for OC ability. That is why they aren't popular, but for a system builder it should be better than fine. ECS has to make decent boards as they make most motherboards on the market.
Yeah, I'm interested in the overclocking on this board...It has a 10 + 3 power phase design, so I'm sure the board was built with overclocking in mind, but not having CPU PLL overvoltage is kinda weird...

If ECS would like to send me a review sample, I would be glad to do an unboxing and performance review for them
whistle.gif
tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
lol i didn't know ecs even sends out samples out of asia. Um yes CPU PLL Overvoltage is a BIOS option that canbe added through a simple flash.

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;12056828
lol i didn't know ecs even sends out samples out of asia. Um yes CPU PLL Overvoltage is a BIOS option that canbe added through a simple flash.
Yeah, they probably don't
tongue.gif
. I was just taking a shot in the dark in the hope of getting a free mobo to play around with
biggrin.gif

Anyway, yeah, it's good to know that PLL overvoltage can be added through a simple BIOS update. Someone should probably mention this to them...

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
now some things have been said in this thread that aren't true, first off no BIOS will ever be perfect there will always be incompatibilities and problems, and that is why BIOS updates are important, you cannot make a perfect BIOS, in theory you can't because new products come out every day.

Yea they know about CPu PLL Overvoltage, believe me they do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
GUys sorry to revive this thread
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/273005-29-2500k-p67h2-help

Same issue has me!!!

I bought this board used.

I have made Overclocks on my i7 2600k fini and easy.
On this board i go to BIOS set all my settings restart and in OS i get default settings?
Multiplier doesnt change at all, yes i got a 2500 k running on it....
I agree this BIOS is so wierd.... Tried with intel extreme tinning utility all the OC settings are grey,

Tried with 2 diferent kits os gskill and Geil memory same result..

From what i read BIOS update is a pain in this MBs...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts