Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was wondering if ECS was a poor brand, a decent brand or a good brand for the GTX560 ti, it's the only brand I can get here for the GTX560 ti (or Zotac OverClocked Edition but it's around $44 more which is a lot).

Does anyone have any experience with this card having ECS as the brand? Do you know if it perform well or should I really spend $42 more and get the Zotac OC GTX560 ti?

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Never even heard of ECS before lol. The card itself shouldn't be a problem as long as it is a reference it should run like any other gtx 560s. What really matters is the warranty, ECS isn't a well known company so there is little to be said about it. Now I know that Zotac has a limited life time warranty. It's up to you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitzogreg
View Post

Where is here? We can probably help you find another brand.

Mexico.

Quote:

Originally Posted by killer8297
View Post

Never even heard of ECS before lol. The card itself shouldn't be a problem as long as it is a reference it should run like any other gtx 560s. What really matters is the warranty, ECS isn't a well known company so there is little to be said about it. Now I know that Zotac has a limited life time warranty. It's up to you.

About the warranties... since I live in Mexico it's harder to send them to warranty, TBH I honestly don't care about the warranty because of that. :/
Thanks for letting me know though. =]

Quote:

Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

ECS should be fine.
I had a motherboard from them and it was all good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tx-jose
View Post

are u kidding ECS are built like tanks!! my socket 478 P4 is still kicking after about 7years!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

ECS is actually a pretty good company.
I have a socket 754 motherboard from them that still works great to this day.

That's really good to know, atleast now I have atleast 3 good opinons about the brand, makes me feel safer about purchasing the ECS GTX560ti.
But also you listed components which are not GPUs, do you think they are also good on that?

Thanks for the help.

Oh yeah, I also gave rep to all of you.

·
Premium Member
4,653 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337Xero
View Post

About the warranties... since I live in Mexico it's harder to send them to warranty, TBH I honestly don't care about the warranty because of that. :/
Thanks for letting me know though. =]

Hmm, I was going to say, I've heard ECS has some shady warranty policies (ie, once the product is discontinued they no longer honor the warranty). But if that's not important to you, there's no reason not to buy their card. If it's reference it'll be the same as any other branded ref model.

I def wouldn't spend $40 extra on the Zotac.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just thought I'd put in my 2c worth and vouch for ECS, although maybe not as well know, I've had my 9600gt for over 4 years and I've put it through hell and it's still going as strong as ever.

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
I'm pretty certain ECS are actually the 2nd biggest mobo manufacturer after Asus. TONS of pre-built computers come with ECS mobo's, and Fry's practically gives 'em away to sell processors lots of times.

They're not what I'd exactly call 'high-end', but they are generally a fairly reputable 'value' brand. If it was $44 extra for an Asus or MSi or Gigabyte, I'd probably consider that option, but not for a Zotac ... unless it had like a way upgraded cooler or something like that.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by brettjv
View Post

I'm pretty certain ECS are actually the 2nd biggest mobo manufacturer after Asus. TONS of pre-built computers come with ECS mobo's, and Fry's practically gives 'em away to sell processors lots of times.

They're not what I'd exactly call 'high-end', but they are generally a fairly reputable 'value' brand. If it was $44 extra for an Asus or MSi or Gigabyte, I'd probably consider that option, but not for a Zotac ... unless it had like a way upgraded cooler or something like that.

They are indeed large in the OEM market. I see their boards on lots of HP, Acer, and Gateway computers.

In terms of annual sales in the retail market however,

#1 Asus (21.6 mil boards)
#2 Gigabyte (18 mil)
#3 Asrock (8 mil)

MSI & ECS (~7 mil)

http://www.digitimes.com/news/a20110126PD218.html

--------

On topic,
ECS only sells reference 560 Ti models. There should be no real concerns about quality.

·
Premium Member
14,041 Posts
Thanks for the info SE. At one point in the past I'm pretty sure they were #2
smile.gif

·
Banned
11,680 Posts
Yes ECS makes the mobos for Dell and HP. They are value mobos. However the quality has to be at a certain (even if low) level for the companies to want to use them. I also have an ECS 9600GT, still works after ~4 years. Warranty would be a different issue with ECS but if it's unimportant to you then go for it. As said above, $40 from ECS to Zodac (or whatever that thing is called) is not worth it. To ASUS/MSI, probably worth it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.