Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had an insurance claim on a computer. To receive all of the money, I have to spend minimum 2600-2800. I know this is a lot for a pc. Much more over 1500 is overkill but It is the amount of money I have been awarded for a laptop that was stolen. If you could, please use the link below to build your proposed builds. Thanks.

http://pcpartpicker.com/

I am open to ANY suggestions concerning parts. I do have some water cooling parts on hand to. I am however happy just having a water cooling setup since I know squat about overclocking, unless there is an auto overclock I can benefit form

I have a d5 waterpump
a 240mm radiator as listed in link below and push pull fans

I also Have 2 120 SSD's

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9431/ex-rad-162/Black_Ice_SR1_Low_Air_Flow_Optimized_-_240_Radiator_-_Black.html

I should mention I have Bose speakers and a Asus 27 monitor, keyboard, and mouse
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236302&clickid=wkUQIr2aTXLvVvaU2uxZWSssUkTTCATtw0rT2Q0&iradid=97618&ircid=2106&irpid=79301&nm_mc=AFC-IR&cm_mmc=AFC-IR-_-na-_-na-_-na

I am all down for 3 monitor setup or 1440p monitor

·
I Am Gooble Gobble
6,669 Posts
2800....that must've been some godly laptop.................

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Are you against buying Intel for this build?
If you've gotta spend money on overkill, might as well go with them for this build unless you want AMD for any specific reason. I understand that AMD beats NVIDIA for GPUs in some tasks such as mining and 3d rendering due to current gen crippled NVIDIA cards but I don't believe AMD CPUs have anything to offer over Intel in high price budgets for any usage.

Whatever the case, you could easily fill in the extra value with SSDs to meet your budget. Grab a couple 1TB Drives!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow11377 View Post

Are you against buying Intel for this build?
If you've gotta spend money on overkill, might as well go with them for this build unless you want AMD for any specific reason. I understand that AMD beats NVIDIA for GPUs in some tasks such as mining and 3d rendering due to current gen crippled NVIDIA cards but I don't believe AMD CPUs have anything to offer over Intel in high price budgets for any usage.

Whatever the case, you could easily fill in the extra value with SSDs to meet your budget. Grab a couple 1TB Drives!
Im not against intel or pro AMD. I just wanted more opinions on a build.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwade065 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSarge View Post

2800....that must've been some godly laptop.................
It was a loaded macbook pro
Get another macbook pro...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzle Dazzle View Post

This has to be thee best first world problem ever.
Hahaha,

Im a very budget minded person so trying to spend that money on stuff I dont already have is hard.

I just sold a gtx 680 hydro 4g and an old x58 sabertooth. Now I feel better about buying replacement stuff.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post

force to spend 2800!!! oh the humanity!! lol

I would go dual R9 290xs myself - but I think im the minority - I just hear less issues about crossfire than SLI...
headscratch.gif

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFX View Post

force to spend 2800!!! oh the humanity!! lol

I would go dual R9 290xs myself - but I think im the minority - I just hear less issues about crossfire than SLI...
Until just recently, CFX was definitely inferior to SLI because of micro stuttering. Now it's sort of the same, with SLI being better in DX9 titles.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For about $1000 you can get a 4k monitor.

You can still build a sweet PC for under $2000
Edited by DaFirnz - Today at 1:34 pm

I figure since the comsumer market is still at 1080p for a few years, I should be no better than 1440p or even just keep 1080p

1 - 20 of 72 Posts