Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the difference besides the batery life, and the fact that one has bluetooth, that makes the he 25 bucks more expensive? Is a batery realy that expensive?

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Fisrt of all, It's battery with two "t's", but that's California public schools for you.

In addition to the 6-cell battery and the bluetooth transceiver, the 1000HE has the n280 processor with a slightly higher clock speed (1.6 vs 1.66) and higher FSB (667 vs 533). The keyboard is slightly different if I remember correctly. The battery alone is definitely worth the extra $25 and you shouldn't balk at the purchase because of it.

·
Premium Member
8,017 Posts
For 25$, a better battery is worth it.. Usually seperate, looking at the same 2 batteries, the price differences will be more than 25$. Also newer CPU, slightly more energy efficient, and larger FSB

·
Registered
796 Posts
The $25 difference is more than justified by the improvements on the 1000HE.

Mainly the points that convinced me to get the HE over the HA or the new AOD150 are:
  • Newer, of course.
  • "Chiclet" style keyboard - offers better spacing between keys, 92% of normal laptop, and a half-sized "correctly" positioned right-shift key.
  • Larger and even exhaust port
  • 7 to 9.5 hour battery life - instead of 4.5 or 5.5 hours
  • 10.2" screen - that's 1.3" more than on my AOA150
  • Better overall ventilation and lack of a steel cage over the vent ports for better intake
  • 802.11n @ 2.4 GHz + Bluetooth - The addition of N at least allows me to connect to some networks that I haven't been able to before. Bluetooth is nice: I can use my BT headset with it and pair my cell phone with my computer to backup data/contacts.
  • User accessible panel to HDD and RAM - huge improvement over my old AOA150.
  • Super Hybrid Engine - love the addition of this since it allows for the CPU to be underclocked to conserve power just like on my desktop. Also allows for a slight overclock so some full-screen streamed videos aren't as chopping.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts