Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Hakkinen hopes Alan Wake PC pirates will have so much fun with the game that they'll fork out their hard-earned cash for future Alan Wake titles, thus benefiting Remedy in the long run.

"Of course we hope people will pay for it, but if they don't, at least enjoy the story," he said. "Maybe they'll get something else in the Alan Wake universe somewhere down the line."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-15-remedys-message-to-alan-wake-pc-pirates-enjoy-the-story

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
I like the "Small Team of 60 people"

Unknown Worlds would -kill- for that "small team" being only 4 man strong.

I'd consider anything 20 and under a small team.

60 though, to me, seems like a medium sized team. With anything over 100+ people a large team.

Good response on their part. Reminds me of The Man From Earth and The Void.

Piracy
Quote:
The Void was noted in Russia for its developers' reaction to piracy. When the game appeared on the largest Russian torrents.ru tracker, the developers talked to the downloaders in the thread, answered game related questions and encouraged them to buy the game, if they liked it. Also, the developers made an official torrent containing all bonus material from the gift edition.[11]

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
That's a very strong message from the dev, and should get the ball rolling on some purchases. I love buying games, I hate buying bad games. I remember when I purchased FEAR and SWAT4 I was so excited and they both rocked. Been buying games I love since
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
"You can't fight it, really," he said. "It's just the way it is. Of course I hope people go on Steam or get the retail copy. But if they don't, they don't. I'm not going to get a stomach ulcer from it. It's just the way it is."
It's nice to know there is still a dev that has the passion for being a dev and is not completely entangled with this "maximum profit or die" hoopla..

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
It's the right attitude that this developer has. Kudos to him. I've played this a bit on console, and it felt a bit awkward with a controller, but since I'm a PC gamer at heart, I'll wait for reviews on its performance, gameplay and story before I pull the trigger on forking out cash on it. And it's nice to see a developer actualy care about story. There's so many games nowadays that pushes out games without any real thought to story. But to be honest, in the FPS genre, that's kind of hard to do anyway.

(Which is why FEAR, Deus Ex: HR, and Alice have gotten me so damn hooked).

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Im picking this one up, will this be on steam? because if its GFWL i wont be.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would definitely buy Alan Wake but, at the same time, I also don't want to increase my Steam backlog. I still have yet to play New Vegas, Bioshock and the Witcher series, Skyrim, Crysis series, HF2 Episodes, STALKER series, LA Noire and about 2 or 3 more games. Goal is to finish them all by July to get ready to get more games

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toology View Post

Im picking this one up, will this be on steam? because if its GFWL i wont be.
Quote:
Is Alan Wake going to use Games for Windows Live?

Games for Windows Live will not be used; we will be fully supporting the Steam platform.
source

No horrible GFWL crap for us! YAY!

A lot of great info in that FAQ, too.
They've officially stated there is extra graphical options and, very important, FOV adjustment!

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicnivian View Post

Quote:
Is Alan Wake going to use Games for Windows Live?
Games for Windows Live will not be used; we will be fully supporting the Steam platform.
source
No horrible GFWL crap for us! YAY!
A lot of great info in that FAQ, too.
They've officially stated there is extra graphical options and, very important, FOV adjustment!
Thank you, im so glad for that
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I might purchase this game now, see what happens when you embrace story over profits? I probably would've looked over this game because of the gameplay videos I've seen it seems like it could go either way, but if a developer shows enough care to even embrace pirates then I'd expect them to at least had worked on the story well enough that they care about that more. Also, the news that it'll have some extra stuff on PC is good to hear.

And with the meme pics, that's one of the things I really dislike about OCN, it seems like it's run by bland middle age men. So many rules you'd think OCN was ran by a big name company, but sadly this is one of the few forums where there aren't a lot of immature people.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechi View Post

I might purchase this game now, see what happens when you embrace story over profits? I probably would've looked over this game because of the gameplay videos I've seen it seems like it could go either way, but if a developer shows enough care to even embrace pirates then I'd expect them to at least had worked on the story well enough that they care about that more. Also, the news that it'll have some extra stuff on PC is good to hear.
Four words; Creators of Max Payne...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post

Anyone else remember when people used to say: "Get a Q6600 so you can play Alan Wake when it comes out, it's going to be the first game to truly utilize a quad core"?
ALL THAT NOSTALGIA!

100 bucks it went from an open world survival horror game...to this. I'm not complaining, Remedy never let me down so I'm still purchasing it. Heck, are there any games out there that utilize a quad core?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
But is it still one of the first games to take advantage of a quad core.... oh wait
wink.gif

Still want though. Although I have so many games to play i'll wait until a sale.

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
A few rule of thumb.

1. Don't question why posts were deleted. If you want to know why PM a Mod(Me for example).
2. Memes pictures are banned in the news section because A) They don't contribute to the thread B) Are against the professional Initiative set in place.
3. Any further questions regarding this matter or any other admin related matters, feel free to PM me.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beers View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
"You can't fight it, really," he said. "It's just the way it is. Of course I hope people go on Steam or get the retail copy. But if they don't, they don't. I'm not going to get a stomach ulcer from it. It's just the way it is."
It's nice to know there is still a dev that has the passion for being a dev and is not completely entangled with this "maximum profit or die" hoopla..
I totally agree with you.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel View Post

A few rule of thumb.

1. Don't question why posts were deleted. If you want to know why PM a Mod(Me for example).
2. Memes pictures are banned in the news section because A) They don't contribute to the thread B) Are against the professional Initiative set in place.
3. Any further questions regarding this matter or any other admin related matters, feel free to PM me.

Thanks
Then why do we have emotes/smilies? Quite the contradiction sir.

And I just checked Steam, it's only $30 which is good, though I'll probably wait for price to lower since I just started my L.A. Noire and still having fun on Saints Row The Third.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts