Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Very little here hasn't been seen elsewhere before, but Singularity has more to recommend it than simply being a polished, entertaining collection of well-executed clichés and set-pieces. It's the first game I've played in ages that realises first-person shooters can bundle in as much philosophy and as many moral dilemmas as they like, but fundamentally they're still about shooting monsters in the face, and so what it lacks in originality it makes up for in variety, pacing and exuberance. First-person shooters are always silly! Well done to Raven for making one that likes being silly.

8/10
Read

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Quote:
It's the first game I've played in ages that realises first-person shooters can bundle in as much philosophy and as many moral dilemmas as they like, but fundamentally they're still about shooting monsters in the face
Hmm.. Bioshock, Fallout 3, Mass effect 2.. Wow, such a new concept they've used.

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From ShackNews comments:

Quote:
After playing the first few levels of the game I have to say that it's exceeded my expectations. This game is much than than I thought. The atmosphere and pace were great and I love how there is plenty of stuff around in the environment to interact with.
I thought the beginning of the game felt like a mix of STALKER and Lost (the TV show).

And many other similar comments, looks like people are digging it. Unlike Failenstein

·
Banned
564 Posts
dont expect any amazement from graphics or sound. other than that, its pretty good. this is one of the few games thats story and gameplay make up for crappy programming and poor visuals.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts