Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/21/c...id-is-like-pe/

Quote:
You've been asking and imploring, so Anssi Vanjoki -- straight shooter, that he is -- now has an answer. Why doesn't Nokia switch to Android? Because Google's software represents only a short-term solution that will lead to bigger quandaries down the line, says he. Anssi was even graceful enough to illustrate this point with a vivid example, saying that mobile manufacturers who go the Android route are doing no better than Finnish boys who "pee in their pants" for warmth in the winter.
I'd rather pee in my pants for warmth than get burnt by one of the batteries of your shoddy phones Anssi.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Okay, who cares what this guy has to say. Everyone else has at least one Android device out. If he doesn't want to update with the times Nokia will just end up like Palm: bankrupt.

·
Registered
385 Posts
A company protecting their bottom line by ignoring public trends and the changes in the market which they are part of....I wonder if he's friends with the content industry?

·
I TeK things...
17,429 Posts
Symbian OS is junk....Nokia is gonna end up just like Palm. See ya later Nokia, you used to make decent phones, not all you make is junk.

·
FOCAL ARIA FTW
9,351 Posts
Nowadays, people have a skewed image what a smartphone is. For some a smartphone defines into the following :

1. Can I update my facebook status?
2. Can I use Twitter?
3. Can I share pics with nekkid ppl on twitter and facebooK?

If yes on all counts, for some, the device they purchase on Android or iOs isa smartphone. Sheep mentality is sheep mentality. Thank you very much for I will stick to my 9200/9300i and Nokia E90 for the moment. I know, no Retina display and Face Time, but I can be contacted everywhere in the world no matter how I hold them.

I will keep my TRUE smarthphones and you lot play with your overpriced gadgets sold under the "smartphone" label.

P.S: Nokia is not palm. It is one of the biggest, if not the biggest by sales, phone manufacturer in the world. Add to that their innovation for the infrastructure in Europe, you will not see them bankrupt. Not in your most erotic dreams.

• Rep+
Reactions: kremtok

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Rofl, this is why Nokia phones are what they are. Outdated. Sometimes I'm shocked to see someone with a full color Nokia. What's the best phone they have... the 5230 touchscreen?

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
Nowadays, people have a skewed image what a smartphone is. For some a smartphone defines into the following :

2. Can I use Twitter?

If yes on all counts, for some, the device they purchase on Android or iOs isa smartphone. Sheep mentality is sheep mentality. Thank you very much for I will stick to my 9200/9300i and Nokia E90 for the moment. I know, no Retina display and Face Time, but I can be contacted everywhere in the world no matter how I hold them.

I will keep my TRUE smarthphones and you lot play with your overpriced gadgets sold under the "smartphone" label.

P.S: Nokia is not palm. It is one of the biggest, if not the biggest by sales, phone manufacturer in the world. Add to that their innovation for the infrastructure in Europe, you will not see them bankrupt. Not in your most erotic dreams.
Only a Nokia employee could construct a post as ridiculous as this.

Nokia has been hemorrhaging marketshare to Android and Apple because they're stuck in the past. Symbian is crap. It has no apps. It never will have any apps. It's simply an inferior platform. The longer they stick with it, the deeper the hole they dig themselves. This image sums up Nokia pretty well right now:

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Quote:

2. Can I use Twitter?

Overpriced? I just got an Android phone for $100.

And how can you NOT call it a smartphone? Name just one thing your Nokia can do that my Android can't.

·
I TeK things...
17,429 Posts
Quote:

2. Can I use Twitter?

You know what a polished turd is?

Still a turd.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Quote:

2. Can I use Twitter?

Some bold claims with no support. Some might call you a fanboy...

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
If using Android is like peeing your pants to keep warm, using a Nokia is like peeing in your mouth because you are thirsty.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
If using Android is like peeing your pants to keep warm, using a Nokia is like peeing in your mouth because you are thirsty.
Win

·
I TeK things...
17,429 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Quote:

2. Can I use Twitter?

Are you on crack? I'm sorry but a phone lacking GPS, 3G, having a maximum of 2GB of SD card space supported, advertising the fact it can play (hold the phone this is awesome) MP3 ringtones, is not a smart phone. It doesn't even have a camera.

It's outdated. Call me when you are running WM6.5/Android2.1/iOS and you can have your phone tell you how to get places, send pictures, send videos, watch the news, store a reasonable amount of content, display a decent resolution, be practical for decent sized downloads, or generally just be a modern phone.

I'm sorry but i have a smartphone, you have a cellphone. Maybe i just got trolled successfully (and quite successfully.)

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
I currently own a Nokia phone. The hardware is excellent, but I hate the OS, I am not likely to get another Nokia after this. They really need to get with the times.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts