Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I just ordered my parts from newegg.com anyways check my specs for details. However I was looking at the BH5 models (DDR400) of Gskill are they any better then TCCD DDR 400 (PC3200)

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
If you can supply the voltage (3.3-3.7) than the bh-5 is great for a higher fsb and tight timings. On the other hand if you cant get your vdimm that high the tccd is nice choice.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
most BH-5 ram can hit 270-275 fsb at 2-2-2-5 with high voltage which is great for the DFI boards. If you have a DFI board with 4v VDIMM get BH-5 over TCCD just for the timings.

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Don't get BH5 unless you have a DFI Lanparty board or an OCZ DDR Volt Booster. I made the mistake of buying my BH5 before I had the money for a DFI board, so now I'm stuck with a 3.0 vdimm cap until then (puts me at about 230MHz 2.5-3-3-7, maybe get 2-2-2-5 timings after some burning-in).

·
Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Quote:

Don't get BH5 unless you have a DFI Lanparty board or an OCZ DDR Volt Booster. I made the mistake of buying my BH5 before I had the money for a DFI board, so now I'm stuck with a 3.0 vdimm cap until then (puts me at about 230MHz 2.5-3-3-7, maybe get 2-2-2-5 timings after some burning-in).

you could allways vmod your mobo, i think you can get upward of 3.5 or more out of it

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
couple things. if you want to OC you need to get TCCD not BH-5 w/ that mobo. You can't supply your RAM w/more than 3.0v on that board and the OCZ DDR Booster doesn't work w/ that board.

It is true that that board can't run 1T past 240htt, but w/ your 11 multi would get you to over 2.6Ghz. it was tough w/ my 3200 w/ 10x multi... But anywho, by increasing your frequency you can get past the performance drop of using 2T command rate... plus it's only about 2-5% in real life and games.
Another thing to note on that board is you will be limited to 1.55v vcore. The manual says 1.65, but the newer bios only allows for 1.55v.
Aside from these couple drawbacks theboard is great. it's easy to OC and is reliable.

When you get your sytem and are ready to OC you can PM me if you have any questions as I'm pretty familar w/ that board.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts