Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, like the title says.... EK now has some 7970 blocks up on their site in stock. Just ordered a Copper/Acetel one. (Not about to deal with the nickle plating nightmare)

Link to EK 7970 Gear...

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/catalogsearch/result/?q=7970&x=0&y=0

Ended up costing me $123 Shipped to the States w/ 3 day DHL. This total price is cheaper than the price of the block alone on Frozen CPU!

·
100LB Rig Club
2,573 Posts
Was going to wait for the acetal/EN but needed the block by the 18th. Nothing quite like international priority air.

The card will never see air.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
So when will the Nickel ones get in stock and ship? Monday?

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arni90 View Post

So when will the Nickel ones get in stock and ship? Monday?
No idea really. All I know is I'll never buy ek nickel plated products again after all the corrosion issues I've had to deal with, then they were still selling old stock and calling them EN when they really weren't. I'm sticking with straight copper from here on out.

·
Premium Member
9,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post

What is the copper/acetal compared to the copper/plexi...? I want the one where I can see the fluid.... that would be plexi, right?
Its the plexi one if you want to be able to see inside

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Those are purty.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Stocking up, my cards have not arrived. Hopefully both orders will get here before Feb.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post

Anyone attest to how good or bad EK's shipping is? I am debating on ordering or waiting till Frozen gets them in stock
It's very quick, in around 3 days it should be at your doorstep.

·
Premium Member
9,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfej View Post

ordered mine for 121 bucks shipped to the states. I can't complain with that. I was going to get the plexi but they were sold out so I just got the plain acetal block.
bike.gif
And thats still cheaper than frozencpu... Why the heck are they marking it up so high this go 'round?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts