Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have just received four bottle's of EK Cryofuel clear and i'm wondering whats this date on the cap? Manufacturing date or expiration date??? Someone know?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Use by date. I personally run the clear EK pre-mix and have had 0 problems in 4+ years.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man... First i get wrong fans, now this too -.- . I would have ordered mayhems clear but it was out of stock, so I went with this. how on earth can ''clear'' gunk anything? its just anti corrosion and algae.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I’ve had two different batches gunk up on me within 6 months. With all EK stuff it’s a crapshoot if it’ll work fine or go bad

Oh man... First i get wrong fans, now this too -.- . I would have ordered mayhems clear but it was out of stock, so I went with this. how on earth can ''clear'' gunk anything? its just anti corrosion and algae.
I had the pre-mix so it has a bit more in it to gunk up.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I ordered some pre-mix around October of 2020 that was dated June of 2020. I'm seriously hoping that was a "bottled" date as opposed to have been sitting on a shelf that long. Since it claims a 2 year shelf life.

Regardless have been using it with zero issues. My other system has had the pre-mix in it for about 8 months.

That bottle was used so no idea what the date on it was, long gone.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I ordered some pre-mix around October of 2020 that was dated June of 2020. I'm seriously hoping that was a "bottled" date as opposed to have been sitting on a shelf that long. Since it claims a 2 year shelf life.

Regardless have been using it with zero issues. My other system has had the pre-mix in it for about 8 months.

That bottle was used so no idea what the date on it was, long gone.
Yeah it would make more sense as bottled date.
As I said using Ek is a crapshoot, sometimes you get lucky other times not so much

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
Oh....it can gunk up. I know @ThrashZone has some pics of the "magic" of clear Cryofuel. I believe @Shawnb99 does, as well.

Don't put that stuff in your loop. Get the ModMyMods @Avacado pointed out of you can't get Mayhems.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@Avacado thanks for the link, however im in europe, it will take forever for it to arrive here plus who knows how much would it cost me. I just went on mayhem's site and seams to me they discontinued the X1 clear? Out of stock over there as well.

I sent message to EK asking about that date, I srsly hope its not expiration date.

@Shawnb99 seams to me with this things it all comes to what batch did you use, for example I had x1 mayhems blood red first time, it clogged everything within 5 months, I bought it again, new batch, in rig for 2 years, like i put it yesterday, zero issues. they keep changing the formula and playing with it, thats why some batches work and other fail miserably. i want to use just CLEAR from now on, to avoid clogging issues and want easy maintenance. now i read even clear can have clogging issues, eh -.-

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@apw63 were you having issues cleaning that thing off? or was it enough just to wash out, blocks/rads? can it be, its reaction between coolant and soft tubes? i have mayhems soft tubes

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
@Avacado thanks for the link, however im in europe, it will take forever for it to arrive here plus who knows how much would it cost me. I just went on mayhem's site and seams to me they discontinued the X1 clear? Out of stock over there as well.

I sent message to EK asking about that date, I srsly hope its not expiration date.

@Shawnb99 seams to me with this things it all comes to what batch did you use, for example I had x1 mayhems blood red first time, it clogged everything within 5 months, I bought it again, new batch, in rig for 2 years, like i put it yesterday, zero issues. they keep changing the formula and playing with it, thats why some batches work and other fail miserably. i want to use just CLEAR from now on, to avoid clogging issues and want easy maintenance. now i read even clear can have clogging issues, eh -.-
Mayhems clear in stock at their store, not sure how shipping from UK to rest of Europe works. Mayhems X1 V2 ECO Series Clear Premixed Coolant 1 Litre

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mayhems clear in stock at their store, not sure how shipping from UK to rest of Europe works. Mayhems X1 V2 ECO Series Clear Premixed Coolant 1 Litre
Ya, I was thinking on concentrate, not premixed. with concentrate you can make 2L of coolant for same price, with premixed you get 1L for 10€ :p sure u can mix that 1L of premixed with distilled water to get 2L, but who knows would that play well with stuff they premixed already. I will wait and see what EK has to say about the date, if they say its filled date, I will give it a shot, **** it. As long it dosent eat on my O-rings, I can fix the damage. The pics you guys posted, seams to me its reaction with tubing, but who knows.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just emptied my hardline loop of 3 year old EK cryofuel clear. It was -just- starting to form floaters.
I suspect contamination could be contributing to people’s experiences. Even though it has antinicrobial additives, I bet some grot still grows in there.

·
god loves ugly
4,253 Posts
You all have me worried about my stuff coming from bottles dated 2019 now, time for yet another drain :cry:

On the plus side, I've been getting tired of this blue anyway

·
Registered
971 Posts
@apw63 were you having issues cleaning that thing off? or was it enough just to wash out, blocks/rads? can it be, its reaction between coolant and soft tubes? i have mayhems soft tubes
It flushed out, I would not say it was an easy task. I was using hard line bitspower crystal link acrylic

1 - 20 of 71 Posts