Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I use EK Premix Clear in my ITX Rig just for 2Month now and i already see some "Slime" Particles in the Tubing.

Im not sure if its just a Reaction with the 10/13mm Masterkleer SoftTubes i use,because the 8/10mm PUR seems to be resistent.

However,im going back to Distilled Water with some Car Coolant Glysantine.

Had Loops running 2-3 Years without Water Change and all my 10-15 Year old Coolers and Radiators are all still in great Shape

·
Registered
131 Posts
sure u can mix that 1L of premixed with distilled water to get 2L, but who knows would that play well with stuff they premixed already.
I'm looking for an answer to this as well. Yesterday I ordered this: EK-CryoFuel Blood Red (Premix 1000mL) without researching (for my first custom loop).
And now I wonder if I should mix it with distilled water or just use it as it is. (whatever is best to reduce any future issue).

·
Software 'Engineer'
894 Posts
Hey, ran that same concentrate + distilled water with only EK products.
Had zero issues after 1 year, no slime when I recently took blocks apart

·
professional curmudgeon
10,558 Posts
back when EK sold something good:

almost 6 years. i keep waiting for something to go wrong. temp deltas look within expectations.

but imma going clean and change tomorrow. l. . (for the last four years)

·
Registered
491 Posts
I'm looking for an answer to this as well. Yesterday I ordered this: EK-CryoFuel Blood Red (Premix 1000mL) without researching (for my first custom loop).
And now I wonder if I should mix it with distilled water or just use it as it is. (whatever is best to reduce any future issue).
As you bought the premix, just dump it into your loop and you're good to go. You shouldn't dilute it any further, just use it as it is. :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Hello, I have just received four bottle's of EK Cryofuel clear and i'm wondering whats this date on the cap? Manufacturing date or expiration date??? Someone know?
The date on the cap is the manufacturing date, shelf life is 2 years from this date. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts
All talk of the gunks put me off trying them. Just run the water for now.
I tried two other brands that I don't even remember the names of... when I first tried something besides distilled. Had issues with both rather quickly. One just seemed to slime everything and the other had weird crap appear that I'm assuming was some kind of growth. Never had that issue with my distilled loop. So then for about two years I just ran distilled with zero issues.

When I decided to do a new build which was white themed I just tried EK White Premix. I haven't had issues with it but others in here say they have. The one brand I keep hearing people talk about I swear I remember people having issues with. So maybe it is safer to just stay with water lol... I dunno.

I mean for a while I ran UV tubing and distilled and just used uv lighting.. that was pretty nice too to be honest. Current motherboards don't even support the UV strips I have they were those 5 pins that gigabyte was running for a while.. "pure white" or uv on the 5th pin.

·
Registered
176 Posts
It's very hit or miss
the less concentrated stuff works well as its consistency more resembles plain water. for instance their acid green is very good

on the flipside, their orange is terrible. turns brown after a few months and fogs up my loop

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Dunno about you guys but that gunk looks like EK doesn't have a consistent ratio for the Glycol / Glycerine or whatever there using. Unless there's some chemical reaction going on with the Glycol / Glycerine and whatever there using for biocide / anti corrosion.

Either way that's put me off the Cryofuel. I need a loop to last years not weeks or months.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
EK should use a new tag line - "CryoFuel, now with Russian Roulette for your components!".

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've been using EK clear pre-mix for well over a year and it's still as clear today as the day I put it in. Before that I was using it for a year, flushed it out to swap out an EK 360 PE for an XE and it was clear as a bell then too. I brought all mine in the UK from Scan. I'll continue to use it as I've never had an issue.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I have personally used the EK clear Cryofuel post expiry date without any problems. The key in my experience to have it within the loop prior to expiry date
Its resolved, EK confirmed it to me as well, its manufacturing date, now it leaves it, just for me to find out how does it react with Mayhems soft tubing.

Btw, i found this chart that can be helpful to those who use tubes from different manufacturers with mayhems coolants, I will drop the link here. Its compatibility chart

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
Its resolved, EK confirmed it to me as well, its manufacturing date, now it leaves it, just for me to find out how does it react with Mayhems soft tubing.

Btw, i found this chart that can be helpful to those who use tubes from different manufacturers with mayhems coolants, I will drop the link here. Its compatibility chart

That's an old chart and not applicable to Mayhems' current coolants.

·
Registered
775 Posts
My EK clear concentrate also gunked up my tubes, blocks and reservoir. It took me a few hours to clean everything.
Now I'm running Mayhems without any issues.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts