Overclock.net banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Used the green Cyrofuel and had to replace CPU and GPU block as fully gunked up when doing fluid change. Mayhems blitz wouldn't shift it. Gone back to X1 clear now and all good. Threw 3 litres of it away also when discovered the damage it had done.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Used the green Cyrofuel and had to replace CPU and GPU block as fully gunked up when doing fluid change. Mayhems blitz wouldn't shift it. Gone back to X1 clear now and all good. Threw 3 litres of it away also when discovered the damage it had done.
I only have four bottles of Cryo Blood Red. Intend to use every last drop. On something.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,721 Posts
I only have four bottles of Cryo Blood Red. Intend to use every last drop. On something.
The unopened bottles make really good paperweights. No chance of destroying components when used that way, either. So, I guess that's something.

·
Rig Advisor
3,492 Posts
Use it to be a vampire next Halloween.

·
Registered
232 Posts
lol I'll see when the gpu block arrives in a couple weeks. I do suspect though that alot of the gunk issues comes from premixed coolants have stuff in it that makes plastics react to it. Tubing, plastic tops on blocks, reservoir acrylics etc. Also I don't know but guys running high water temps from stress testing over night etc in smaller loops will make the coolant act up. Lik 50-60c coolant temps. I read reports about the Blood Red turning very dark and thats typical for high temps for a while when it comes to coolants. I think the EK premixed stuff is quite harsh to plastics overall, but they don't list their ingredients anywhere so hard to pin point.

That in mind I run a minimum of plastics, only silicone tubing, Aqualisglass res, cpu block is copper only. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Update: 3 Months with EK cryofuel clear, and no issues what so ever, like I put it in my system yesterday. Overall im satisfied

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Update: 3 Months with EK cryofuel clear, and no issues what so ever, like I put it in my system yesterday. Overall im satisfied
Yeah, not seen issues with my EK Cryofuel clear concentrate after the initial mixing when it looked bad. Gives hope it can work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ciarlatano @Shawnb99 I don't get the repeated and hard to read frustration against EK fuel you express here and possibly across the whole net.
I can frankly say that I'm amazed that I'm only now - 3 years after filling my loop with Blood Red Clear - starting to have some issues. The issue being that the fuel seems to have evaporated a bit over the years and is now too low so I ordered a new premix and hopefully will be able to happily continue the journey with said fuel.

Note that I probably have a generous amount of radiators and keep my PC in the dark so UV cannot prematurely destroy stuff. Keep the coolant cool, clean the loop and you shouldn't have any issues.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
@ciarlatano @Shawnb99 I don't get the repeated and hard to read frustration against EK fuel you express here and possibly across the whole net.
I can frankly say that I'm amazed that I'm only now - 3 years after filling my loop with Blood Red Clear - starting to have some issues. The issue being that the fuel seems to have evaporated a bit over the years and is now too low so I ordered a new premix and hopefully will be able to happily continue the journey with said fuel.

Note that I probably have a generous amount of radiators and keep my PC in the dark so UV cannot prematurely destroy stuff. Keep the coolant cool, clean the loop and you shouldn't have any issues.
I'm happy for you.

Still doesn’t change this less then 3 months

I’ll keep warning people

How hard is it to get? Is the picture not clear enough

·
Registered
971 Posts

Here are my 2 experience2 with fuel, never again

6378AE68-4B64-4B43-BC53-3DF8DBA91ECA.jpeg
8B791589-547B-4B92-8BAF-4551C5BF9E62.jpeg
A0DBA084-0CD4-4928-AC44-FB47D9ED8F66.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Haters gonna hate, probably ur own fault for ending up like that, like in most cases, user error but product must be blamed.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Haters gonna hate, probably ur own fault for ending up like that, like in most cases, user error but product must be blamed.
Yeah cause everyone having the same issue but must all be user error.
Does EK pay you to sprout this nonsense or do you offer this crap for free? Always an EK shrill somewhere

·
Registered
371 Posts
I also have no issues and have been using cryofuel for years. Twice in petg hardline systems(pastel red, and navy blue, barrow petg tubing), and once in a soft tubing system with EK duraclear tubing, maybe the tubing has something to do with your experience.

Don't get me wrong if my system looked like that, I would also be angry. Just make sure you're directing your anger at the right component. Since I have extensive experience with cryofuel on multiple systems I can safely say that for the components I used, I didn't have any problems, but ymmv.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Those of you who had problems with EK Cryofuel gunk up, did you by any chance clean your loop with Mayhems Blitz Part 2 beforehand? I read on EK's site their coolant aren't compatible with that stuff for some reason. I'm just speculating this might be the outcome?

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Those of you who had problems with EK Cryofuel gunk up, did you by any chance clean your loop with Mayhems Blitz Part 2 beforehand? I read on EK's site their coolant aren't compatible with that stuff for some reason. I'm just speculating this might be the outcome?
EK likes to blame everything else but themselves kinda like the people who defend them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
EK likes to blame everything else but themselves kinda like the people who defend them.
Not sure what you're insinuating but could it possible be that you made a mistake, and your first reaction is to blame <insert company here> who is currently on your black list? I think we all do, however I just ask serious questions so I expect a serious answer. All you had to do, is either not reply or say no to my question.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Not sure what you're insinuating but could it possible be that you made a mistake, and your first reaction is to blame <insert company here> who is currently on your black list? I think we all do, however I just ask serious questions so I expect a serious answer. All you had to do, is either not reply or say no to my question.
No I didn’t make a mistake. No it wasn’t something I did. Quit blaming the the victim

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I never blamed you of anything. You're just being silly
No you only “suggested” I was to blame. Did I do this or maybe it was something I did but no you’re not blaming me at all.
Gaslight much?

Who knows why I feel blamed, maybe it was something you did… but not blaming you of course 😉

41 - 60 of 71 Posts