Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought extra tubing off fluid gaming site ( needed more cause I changed cases at last second and ran out of tubing that came in kit ) to add rl420 tt rad to my loop and notice something odd. the tubing that ships in the ekfg-kit is the one of right size 10mm(3/8) - 13mm(1/2).. now what comes in the retail kit ( EK-DuraClear 9,5/12,7mm 3M ) has thicker outter wall than what comes with the kit. the inner diameter is correct as it fits into compression barb but outer wall is too thick for the comp ring to fit over.... I posted this on ek's fb page and sent them a pm via fb.

so now I'm looking on newegg/amazon for 3/8 x 1/2 tubing for my build. I have one line left to run...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I had so much trouble to install Dura Clear 13/10mm 3m kit on fitting in my hand.
Completely different situation than in PC of my friends, I must ask him what he use, I mean type of tubing, Tygon, Mayhem.

Installing is one part, that's possible with some huge pain and risk to damage hardware, but removing. No any way. I give you warranty two guys could hold one fitting other tube and tube will be deformed before remove from fitting. That mean when you remove, you cut tube, and with tweezers remove peace of plastic from feeting.
Terrible experience. Avoid for any cost, EK tubes and EK radiators. Only blocks and pump/reservoir.
I heared Primochill are nothing different.

My friend thought maybe I made some mistake, he tried with such confidence...Mmm Mmm What is this? ***...
He couldn't put at all tube on fitting and have 15 years of experience. And say throw this in garbage you will damage hardware if you tried to install on PC.
Absolutely I'm 100% sure that I would remove whole socket from motherboard pulling.
Now I need to search for advice for other tubes, I found similar experience on overclockers.uk...
Problem is because such hard installation and removing mean absolutely nothing for protection.

I install on this way, squeze tube almost to the end of tubes to open wider hole, and push fitting in my hand and push tube left right, left right and easy you see how tubes is far wider on place where is fitting, than hard install cap, I damaged fingers with only one fitting.
EKWB probably sell more hard tubes and not care at all for soft tubes any more. Now I think it's easier to install hard tubes than this tupe of soft. This is insane, I will not try at all on hardware, no way.... :) Tubes should go with two fingers, little by little push and he is inside and you normaly put other part of fitting without problem, little squeze and that's it. For water don't need to be some kind of pressure to prevent leaking. It's much easier to leak when you deform tube so much with pressing than when you install normaly.

·
Overclocker in training
13,932 Posts
Hi,
Yeah a little thicker but a lot of spit helps it to slide on and attach :)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Hi,
Yeah a little thicker but a lot of spit helps it to slide on and attach :)
Hot water only, 120 seconds after boiling point and they go to the end.
When you uninstall them, drain water on valve, cut tube on half with scissors, unscrew fitting with tube on him, pull tubes on down, the made space between fittings and tube on top and you pull them off.
I think I explain for other people because if you follow video clips on youtube and met with such type of fitting you will be in deep problem.
You will don't know is it compression fittings batch wrong, is it tubes wrong or what happen.

If you listen advice hot water you will remember that max temp for tubes is 80C and over that could cause deformation and leaking and you will stuck what to do.
I can estimate that temperature is arround 70-75C... You need to see vapor, still need to be hot for drink or barelly enough cooldown to drink.
Water>toiler paper>fitting, when cool down you tight compression fitting ring.

My opinion is that they need to put that in Guide or write on box.
If you have problem to install tube on compression fitting soft them with hot water.

Some people advice lighter, heatgun... NO WAY, they will melt and deform tube.
Even hairdryer will need to heat them long time, it's better 2 seconds in hot water.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Never had a problem with PrimoChill PrimoFlex retail tubing -- used it for five builds so far. I've only used 3/8" ID 5/8" OD (10mmx16mm) size though. Used XSPC, EK, Barrow, and Koolance compression fittings with no issues. Never had to use hot water or anything to get the tubing over the barbs (the fit was tight but not that tight), and the compression rings fit fine. No leaks ever.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Yes I understand, I saw bunch of video clips, and it's very clear how much force they use to install tubes on compression fittings.
That's nothing hard. But here situation is different, when I describe problem to EKWB and explain about hot water their answer was "Thats right way for installing fittings"???

Primochill was available on EKWB site long time, still are available for some size and colors, but EKWB probably conclude that they could profit 8 euro more than Mayehem per 3m of tubes and that's not small price.
If Mayhem have profit to sell for 6-7 euro 3m, why they can't sell for 14euro 3m. On that way I stuck with such tubes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts