Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there just wondering what coolant is better EK EKoolant Clear vs PC Ice Clear for Ek Acetal+Nickel Waterblocks. Thanks

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer785 View Post

Hi there just wondering what coolant is better EK EKoolant Clear vs PC Ice Clear for Ek Acetal+Nickel Waterblocks. Thanks
This is what EK recommended, though mine was for the EN one (I can't see why it'd be any different for the non-EN).

EK-Ekoolant, Thermochill EC6 or Mayhem premixed coolants

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post

neither distilled water and a silver coil/ or pt nuke is all you need and save some cash
All right but I thought EK said silver coil and pt nuke were causing the nickel plating problems. I'm guessing this is fixed now then or what. Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer785 View Post

All right but I thought EK said silver coil and pt nuke were causing the nickel plating problems. I'm guessing this is fixed now then or what. Thanks
No, distilled and pt nuke/kill coil does NOT cause corrosion. That was a bs excuse they gave to deflect blame on their subpar plating job. People have been using distilled plus pt nuke/kill coils for years now and it only caused corrosion with nickel plated EK blocks that were manufactured within a certain time frame. I'll let you put that one together yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts