Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some language in the EK-FC GeForce GTX FE GPU water block details explaining the flow can be in reverse which I assume means can use the inlet from the left port instead of the right without effecting cooling performance?

Can someone clarify if I am reading this correctly. I ask because I need to run the inlet line in to the left side, I am running parallel.

Thanks for any help with this.

Attachments

·
Jedi Knight
671 Posts
There is some language in the EK-FC GeForce GTX FE GPU water block details explaining the flow can be in reverse which I assume means can use the inlet from the left port instead of the right without effecting cooling performance?

Can someone clarify if I am reading this correctly. I ask because I need to run the inlet line in to the left side, I am running parallel.

Thanks for any help with this.
Can confirm it doesn't matter. I've ran it both ways on my MSI Sea Hawk EK which uses that same block design and it made no difference. Although I will say using the left port as inlet actually makes more sense IMO since that's how the CPU blocks are, i.e. the inlet flows through the jet plate then into the fins and out either side, which is how the water will flow in the GPU if you use the left port as inlet.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can confirm it doesn't matter. I've ran it both ways on my MSI Sea Hawk EK which uses that same block design and it made no difference. Although I will say using the left port as inlet actually makes more sense IMO since that's how the CPU blocks are, i.e. the inlet flows through the jet plate then into the fins and out either side, which is how the water will flow in the GPU if you use the left port as inlet.
Thank you that makes total sense.

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
That block was designed to use the left port as the inlet (GPU/RAM always gets cooled before the VRM by design). It can also be run with the right port as inlet with minimal temperature difference.

So you're going to be using the correct port anyway.

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
technically, left is in. You want the VRMs to be cooled AFTER the core, and the jetplate+fin design also give a clue.

But Nick is also correct, you probably wouldn't be outside of margin of error.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts