Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the review, however, with the only comparison being itself its hard to judge. While you can do between-subject reviews, it is much better to do a within-group study as each test bed is different and that makes a big difference when the differences can be in the decimal places.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
I'd rather do the full nickel.

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by contain View Post
Can'tfind it in UK.

It's a variant that Performance PC's does; they take the full copper version and gold plate it. I don't know how anyone would think it's any better with gold plating, it doesn't even look that good.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post
It's a variant that Performance PC's does; they take the full copper version and gold plate it. I don't know how anyone would think it's any better with gold plating, it doesn't even look that good.
No one is saying that it's any better. I wouldn't pay extra for gold plating. But it's cheaper than copper and nickel because it's on sale, and gold plating definitely won't make it worse. Gold does absorb a tiny bit more heat.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by contain
View Post

Gold is a good conductor too, plus it doesn't corrode and adds to the bling factor.

Graphs updated btw. Added a few more graphs for other comparisons.

By the way, good review. Would have been helpful had I not already purchased it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts