Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I picked up a pair of used EK nickel R9 280X DCII water blocks. The blocks needed some cleaning, which I've done, but I noticed that one of the EK-Terminal O-rings (the 15 x 1 mm) was nicked when I removed the terminal, and I'd like to replace it. I don't really want to pick up a new terminal just to get some O-rings - is there a way I can more easily get an O-ring or in a manner where the shipping will not be too disproportionate to the cost of the O-rings?

BTW I'd love to find some backplates for these blocks, but because there EOL I can't seem to find them anywhere, including EK directly. If any of you have some suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Hey golfeep!

We will add these in our webshop as soon as possible, our sales guys will put these online. Regarding the EOL backplates... if they're EOL, they're gone for good. Sadly these SKUs are fairly old and we cannot afford to keep stock of these due to the immense quantity of active SKUs.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Niko

·
Premium Member
4,682 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfleep View Post

Hello,

I picked up a pair of used EK nickel R9 280X DCII water blocks. The blocks needed some cleaning, which I've done, but I noticed that one of the EK-Terminal O-rings (the 15 x 1 mm) was nicked when I removed the terminal, and I'd like to replace it. I don't really want to pick up a new terminal just to get some O-rings - is there a way I can more easily get an O-ring or in a manner where the shipping will not be too disproportionate to the cost of the O-rings?

BTW I'd love to find some backplates for these blocks, but because there EOL I can't seem to find them anywhere, including EK directly. If any of you have some suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks for the help
Hi,

I don't know if you're in the States or in Europe, but if you're in the States, PPCS have the replacements o-rings in stock.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/ek-fc-terminal-o-ring-15x1mm.html

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Akira & Niko,

Thanks for the replies. I am in the US, and I was able to find them on PPCS. I'll look on the EK website too. It's just too bad something that costs $1.50 will cost significantly more than that to ship!

As for the backplates, I knew they were EOL and weren't being made anymore, I was just hoping EK had some secret stash somewhere
smile.gif
. It's the kind of thing where I feel like I know for sure someone has a bunch sitting around on a shelf thinking "how the hell am I going to get rid to this stuff?" or "there's no way anyone wants this" and here I am having no idea of how to connect with that store or person!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts