Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
-EK Vector Trio RTX 2080Ti block: EK-Quantum Vector Trio RTX 2080 Ti D-RGB - Nickel + Plexi
-Z390 Aorus Master. RGB fusion installed and used to control MB RGB.
-Block is plugged into D-RGB header on MB via:
DRGB cable splitter (EK branded), pump/res DRGB also plugged into splitter

Only the top of the block (GEFORCE RTX/EK LOGO) lights up. The pump/res RGB also works.
Should have illuminated strips shining down from top and right side of block. The entire face should be lit.

The block has the one main DRGB cable to motherboard, then a tiny cable that runs from the same location to the top of the block to bridge the connection.

Impossible to have plugged it in wrong as it will only fit one way into a DRGB header.

Tried switching splitter cables between the pump/res and GPU block, no success. Just strange to me that the top of the block is getting the signal but no where else.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A couple other details: Purchased this block used recently. Tested RGB only on a different motherboard before mounting on PCB. Entire block lit up correctly. The only thing that makes sense is that somehow I damaged the LED strips while mounting the block/backplate onto the PCB. Seems impossible given how careful I am, but I don't know how else to explain why the logos at the top of the block are working, and therefore correctly receiving power/signal, but nothing else is.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
5,374 Posts
A couple other details: Purchased this block used recently. Tested RGB only on a different motherboard before mounting on PCB. Entire block lit up correctly. The only thing that makes sense is that somehow I damaged the LED strips while mounting the block/backplate onto the PCB. Seems impossible given how careful I am, but I don't know how else to explain why the logos at the top of the block are working, and therefore correctly receiving power/signal, but nothing else is.
welcome to ek world. where doubting one self in the beginning is normal.. it takes few more products from them.. and you will realize

its always them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts