Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Register .co .uk
Google released a major update to its Chrome browser on Tuesday that tackles 20 security vulnerabilities, eight of which are classified as high-risk bugs.

Chrome 19 - a cross-platform update for Windows, Mac, Linux and Chrome Frame - also includes a number of improved features such as tab sync. Google paid security researchers more than $7,500 under its bugs bounty programme for identifying the various vulnerabilities squashed by Chrome 19.

Most of the high risk flaws patched by the new version of Chrome tackle either "out-of-bounds write" or "use-after-free" memory vulnerabilities.

The full list of vulnerabilities addressed in Chrome 19 is detailed in Google's advisory here.
To read the full article, click here.

If you don't have Chrome and want to try it out:

Stable: https://www.google.com/chrome?platform=win
Beta: https://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=betachannel&platform=win
Dev: https://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=devchannel&platform=win

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
so if i understand correctly?they locked out of screen rendering(wich improve speed of say java by a 1000 x via gpu.all because they dont know yet how to secure those?great we just went from 1300 fps to 64 fps .wow then they dare call this progress?hahaha!

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by drbaltazar View Post

so if i understand correctly?they locked out of screen rendering(wich improve speed of say java by a 1000 x via gpu.all because they dont know yet how to secure those?great we just went from 1300 fps to 64 fps .wow then they dare call this progress?hahaha!
I'd rather play a stupid flash game at "only" 64 FPS than "1000" FPS if it makes me more secure on the Internet.. mind you I don't use Chrome.

·
Banned
4,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshd View Post

I'd rather play a stupid flash game at "only" 64 FPS than "1000" FPS if it makes me more secure on the Internet.. mind you I don't use Chrome.
But I want my 1000 fps on my 60hz monitor!

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Just grab a real web browser instead.
Google is ripping every single data you can give them. I wonder how long they know on you.

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abs.exe View Post

Google is ripping every single data you can give them. I wonder how long they know on you.
proof.gif

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Quote:

I quite enjoy this sentence LOL.

Firefox anybody?
biggrin.gif

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Fixed before the majority of the world even knew about them.

doh.gif

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
They forgot the bug about not supporting an ad block plus equivalent. And not spying on me.

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfectblade View Post

They forgot the bug about not supporting an ad block plus equivalent. And not spying on me.
Use "Adblock" and download Chromium then. Sorted.

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Use "Adblock" and download Chromium then. Sorted.
Ad block does not work as well as adblock plus. It does not stop ads in videos for example. I use srware iron sometimes though.

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Ad block does not work as well as adblock plus. It does not stop ads in videos for example. I use srware iron sometimes though.
Adblock+ then. There's definitely one for Chrome that blocks adds in Videos..

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
i use adblock plus for everything on chrome
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:

Yes, it does.

and Iron is nothing but Chromium with a few settings removed and does not provide any more privacy that Chromium/Chrome can't already provide.

·
Banned
3,925 Posts
Quote:

proof.gif
Please, tell me how google is worth billions of billions and yet all their products are free ?
Except for mobile phones but yet they find the way to store and track your every single movement.

Need proof ?

Sorry I won't give them as they are already everywhere on the internet. How do you think they are making money ?
If you have a gmail account or a phone even without gmail on it google has a folder with your name on it with all your life and private information stored.

I'm talking about what IP you use to browse the internet to your bookmarks to your most visited website ( Yes, they know you do
thumb.gif
) .
They are making money from targeted adds that they are able to show you with all the information you blatantly pressed YES without even reading.

I bet you did skip this whole part too, so yeah go ahead use google for your everyday use. Afterall, it's free ?

·
Banned
5,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:

Please, tell me how google is worth billions of billions and yet all their products are free ?
Except for mobile phones but yet they find the way to store and track your every single movement.
Need proof ?
Sorry I won't give them as they are already everywhere on the internet. How do you think they are making money ?
If you have a gmail account or a phone even without gmail on it google has a folder with your name on it with all your life and private information stored.
I'm talking about what IP you use to browse the internet to your bookmarks to your most visited website ( Yes, they know you do
thumb.gif
) .
They are making money from targeted adds that they are able to show you with all the information you blatantly pressed YES without even reading.
I bet you did skip this whole part too, so yeah go ahead use google for your everyday use. Afterall, it's free ?
I don't use Google. I use Chromium + DuckDuckGo!

But yes, I agree. Maybe you took it a bit far though though with the folder, but yes.

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
Quote:

Need proof ?
thumb.gif
) .
You still haven't provided actual proof, it's still just a silly accusation
wink.gif

1 - 20 of 39 Posts