Overclock.net banner

661 - 680 of 725 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
After a lot of testing, somehow the problem came back. but I think I am onto something. let aside the Power Filters help a lot. but I noticed after repeating over and over on both Logitech G502 mouse one on desktop and one on laptop that banging it by a small amount on the mouse pad like you play a game and you need to lift the mouse but with a bit more force, or just with the hand like first bump it, somehow after 4-8 the mouse move by 100% a lot better. I don't know how EMI released or something happens inside, but I connected the same mouse to a desktop in other room with other monitor and it had the same exactly issue, after doing it the mouse worked the exactly the same on both desktop computer I have and also the laptop worked better. I have no idea what the hell happen but I think I did it couple of times and forgot that I did it but actually this made the fix work, including the power filters. but something other than EMI happens to the devices randomly, it can happen to any device I presume.

·
Registered
30 Posts
After a lot of testing, somehow the problem came back. but I think I am onto something. let aside the Power Filters help a lot. but I noticed after repeating over and over on both Logitech G502 mouse one on desktop and one on laptop that banging it by a small amount on the mouse pad like you play a game and you need to lift the mouse but with a bit more force, or just with the hand like first bump it, somehow after 4-8 the mouse move by 100% a lot better. I don't know how EMI released or something happens inside, but I connected the same mouse to a desktop in other room with other monitor and it had the same exactly issue, after doing it the mouse worked the exactly the same on both desktop computer I have and also the laptop worked better. I have no idea what the hell happen but I think I did it couple of times and forgot that I did it but actually this made the fix work, including the power filters. but something other than EMI happens to the devices randomly, it can happen to any device I presume.
rip x7007
but we love you anyway x)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Can you guys check if you have APM option on your SSD with the OS on it?

Enabled/Disabled and which number 128? for me default was On and 128, when I disabled it I felt improvement, I think also that what I did all the time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can you guys check if you have APM option on your SSD with the OS on it?

Enabled/Disabled and which number 128? for me default was On and 128, when I disabled it I felt improvement, I think also that what I did all the time.

View attachment 2479894
Isn't 128 usually what it should run at when on battery mode, should be 254 on power I think?

·
Registered
528 Posts
X7007, regarding your online UPS, I was going to suggest you try a "static" frequency mode but when I was looking at the specs of yours (it's this one, correct?: APC Easy UPS SRV 3000VA 230V - APC Indonesia) it doesn't really show such an option and instead states that it will "+/- 3 Hz Sync to mains".

I have a Cyberpower one and you can set it so it outputs a steady 50 or 60hz of your choosing, no matter what it is getting from the mains. It also has a "frequency follow-up" mode which seems be the same thing as yours... it just constantly tries to match what is coming in but fluctuates up and down which is why I would suggest trying a static mode if you have one.

·
HappyPanda
33 Posts
Guys,
I want to write a manual on how I made big improvements.
There will be many points. And they only make sense all together.
But English is not my native language plus with screenshots it will take a long time.
(and I’m still not sure which one of the above made the best results. You know that the problem is elusive. Plus, “measuring” the problem after the changes takes a lot of energy)

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
X7007, regarding your online UPS, I was going to suggest you try a "static" frequency mode but when I was looking at the specs of yours (it's this one, correct?: APC Easy UPS SRV 3000VA 230V - APC Indonesia) it doesn't really show such an option and instead states that it will "+/- 3 Hz Sync to mains".

I have a Cyberpower one and you can set it so it outputs a steady 50 or 60hz of your choosing, no matter what it is getting from the mains. It also has a "frequency follow-up" mode which seems be the same thing as yours... it just constantly tries to match what is coming in but fluctuates up and down which is why I would suggest trying a static mode if you have one.
I have the option, I already tried 220V 230V 240V. it sometimes if set to 230V it would go 229 but nothing less. I think it's steady enough, nothing will run Flat numbers.
I don't have the option for 50Hz or 60Hz because I think it wouldn't even matter. I didn't aim for that option when buying it. it's really just good for testings so I could just really test if the power has anything related. All the connectors I have are usually 50-60 so it wouldn't matter if I keep it at one of them.

It's freaking weird, I noticed I disabled Background App on Windows 10 and it changed the input lag instantly. I think the input lag is more than just EMI and some settings, it's something that keeps changing.

It could be something on windows that always runs even without us doing anything, handicap some service, or changing something in the windows core. so it's on multiple levels.

I had almost all apps disabled except for 3-4 but the Background Apps service itself must mess something with other things. Even if I enable the Background Apps again it might not change anything because whatever changed disabling it won't coming back till it try to run or mess with whatever tries to bug it

·
Registered
30 Posts
It's freaking weird, I noticed I disabled Background App on Windows 10 and it changed the input lag instantly. I think the input lag is more than just EMI and some settings, it's something that keeps changing.

It could be something on windows that always runs even without us doing anything, handicap some service, or changing something in the windows core. so it's on multiple levels.

I had almost all apps disabled except for 3-4 but the Background Apps service itself must mess something with other things. Even if I enable the Background Apps again it might not change anything because whatever changed disabling it won't coming back till it try to run or mess with whatever tries to bug it

View attachment 2480069
yooooo x7007 stop going backward my friend step up and forget about software hardware think

·
Registered
528 Posts
yooooo x7007 stop going backward my friend step up and forget about software hardware think
This ^

"I have an electrical problem"

"I change a million different Windows settings and manipulate/change my aim feel"

"The problem is still there"

Yeah, because that first line doesn't disappear because you changed a Windows setting.

You are better off tackling that first problem and mess about with Windows settings later, lol... just a suggestion. Yes there are a million different settings you can change within the Windows OS that can change your aim feel but they aren't fixing your problem. You are just changing that aim feel a tiny bit and then saying "oh, so and so has improved the problem". Save your sanity and take it one thing at a time :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys,
I want to write a manual on how I made big improvements.
There will be many points. And they only make sense all together.
But English is not my native language plus with screenshots it will take a long time.
(and I’m still not sure which one of the above made the best results. You know that the problem is elusive. Plus, “measuring” the problem after the changes takes a lot of energy)
can u just simply post here what u did because you claim that u have fix for 2months but not reveal for anyone lol

·
HappyPanda
33 Posts
I experimented all the time and could not figure out what makes the biggest effect. The problem is that I come home after 9 pm, and after 10 pm the situation gradually improves on its own and this greatly complicates the measurements.
It is very strange to talk about it lol, but everything that we are discussing here is generally strange and not clear to many. It seems yesterday I found a way not to treat the symptoms, but to eliminate the cause of the problem. I have to check this with x7007 or Timecard and really hope it helps everyone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I experimented all the time and could not figure out what makes the biggest effect. The problem is that I come home after 9 pm, and after 10 pm the situation gradually improves on its own and this greatly complicates the measurements.
It is very strange to talk about it lol, but everything that we are discussing here is generally strange and not clear to many. It seems yesterday I found a way not to treat the symptoms, but to eliminate the cause of the problem. I have to check this with x7007 or Timecard and really hope it helps everyone.
nvm u ******ed

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think this guy is another troll. I can get the same mouse frequency graph if I turn off all power saving features of my CPU in BIOS. But that doesn't fix the problem.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I wrote the solution to Timecard (x7007 didn't answer). Lets wait his feedback and don't be toxic)
Hey, I've found something interesting, I have a fan on top of the GPU to cool the Memory and I wanted to test if GPU SAG can cause weird input lag, but before that I just disconnected the fan and suddenly the mouse lag input reduce by a lot. I also checked using my phone there is an app called Digital Compass that has the ability to show EMF Electro Magnetic Field because, well it's a compass. if I get it close to the fan there is high EMF, so I think somehow fans are having an affect, more or less. now I had the same brand Enermax, but it started to get noisy so I replaced it with exactly the same fan on the exact same place and the input lag was very very high compared to before.

I mean that's literally the only thing I did just at the moment, disconnect the fan that I replaced with the noisy one. could be the issue returned because I made some other changes like moving things inside the computer and I have many fans inside. so I think it's related. the Power Filters help, there is no question about that. health and electric solution, so I'm sticking to my version.

We can clear a question on Do FANS cause input lag? The answer is YES.

That's why we may see more input lag on a computer with more fans

And I replied to you at pm.

Get your HDMI or DP cable as far away from the computer. it has a tremendous affect on how the mouse moves, it doesn't fix it 100% but it's one step must do.
What it actually does is making the mouse more precise as not too fast or speeding up randomly, it is steady speed but still has input lag. there is another thing that we are missing.
I have 2x 3m HDMI2.1 cables that I've bought incase of a TV upgrade and they are connected to DR.HDMI4K, need to wait for their 8K series to be able to use it with the HDMI2.1 TV's, but that alone to the side. I can get the cable as far away to test it more.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, I've found something interesting, I have a fan on top of the GPU to cool the Memory and I wanted to test if GPU SAG can cause weird input lag, but before that I just disconnected the fan and suddenly the mouse lag input reduce by a lot. I also checked using my phone there is an app called Digital Compass that has the ability to show EMF Electro Magnetic Field because, well it's a compass. if I get it close to the fan there is high EMF, so I think somehow fans are having an affect, more or less. now I had the same brand Enermax, but it started to get noisy so I replaced it with exactly the same fan on the exact same place and the input lag was very very high compared to before.

I mean that's literally the only thing I did just at the moment, disconnect the fan that I replaced with the noisy one. could be the issue returned because I made some other changes like moving things inside the computer and I have many fans inside. so I think it's related. the Power Filters help, there is no question about that. health and electric solution, so I'm sticking to my version.

Get your HDMI or DP cable as far away from the computer. it has a tremendous affect on how the mouse moves, it doesn't fix it 100% but it's one step must do.
What it actually does is making the mouse more precise as not too fast or speeding up randomly, it is steady speed but still has input lag. there is another thing that we are missing.
I have 2x 3m HDMI2.1 cables that I've bought incase of a TV upgrade and they are connected to DR.HDMI4K, need to wait for their 8K series to be able to use it with the HDMI2.1 TV's, but that alone to the side. I can get the cable as far away to test it more.
more fans more input lag trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
i just kidding

·
Registered
19 Posts

I have only cpu and gpu fans and problem exists. Pros have 8 fans and 0 problem with that. Big cap

·
Registered
7 Posts
You do not understand. For example, s1mple, he turned off the fans in all computers in his house, even in his neighbors, in order to play. Therefore, he became an esportsman. So everyone pro does it . :D

661 - 680 of 725 Posts