Overclock.net banner
981 - 1000 of 1034 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
What's more. Make sure you put the cable as lowest on height as you can. like a backside rainbow. make it go from the bot to the lowest it can go. it makes sure the EMI/EMF pass through it instead of going into it.

It's the freaking COAX CABLE 100%. I moved it as far as I can and the input lag reduced a lot. freaking, unbelievable. I need to get rid of this bloody cable.

HDMI Cables and EMI | Interference Technology The issues
The Top Five Reasons Products Fail EMI Testing – Passive Components Blog (passive-components.eu) The Issues
Noise Suppression Measures for HDMI 2.1 | Library | Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. The Fix
TDK-Conformity-Article-reflow.pdf (mouser.com)
Protect and filter data lines at wireless frequencies | Efficiency Wins (nexperia.com)
HDMI cable connector shield. (hollandshielding.com)

·
Registered
383 Posts
I don't really understand. If the final path going to the back of your PC is simply a fiber optic cable (which would cancel out any electrical interference)... then why does it matter if a coax cable is connected to your cable modem?
It does not matter. I have fiber straight to PC just like you are saying and it made no difference in the long term to the problem.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm not just talking about computers, it could be anything EMI/EMF but mainly it's Server Rooms.

On one of the websites I saw about EMI/EMF, they said there are sometimes 3 days that need to pass to see the change, even when you move a bloody cable or turned off WIFI... this is weird. but that's why sometimes I saw a change after a couple of days and it never returned until I moved the cable back, it also takes time to come back.
So you need to take it as it really important if someone says something, you do it, and it doesn't do anything, because the time I did it and the time the change took place was at least 3 days!
On some things, you will never see the change immediately and that's why I keep saying you need to test and wait.

I know for sure it's something with the HDMI cable and the COAX. These are the only two things I messed last time and it didn't work immediately, it was good until the time I moved the HDMI cable to the COAX for 1-2 days, and then somehow it was OK but with some weird delay or floaty feeling, and now after 3 days it's once more perfect like it was 3 days ago. YOU CAN CALL IT WEIRD, but that's what the professionals say about EMI/EMF time and from my experience.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #987 ·
On one of the websites I saw about EMI/EMF, they said there are sometimes 3 days that need to pass to see the change, even when you move a bloody cable or turned off WIFI...
Am I wrong to assume this is probably a forum post that you read or do you have proper reference? I've heard many people report similar experiences but if there's technical reference or detail on it, that would be a good read.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Am I wrong to assume this is probably a forum post that you read or do you have proper reference? I've heard many people report similar experiences but if there's technical reference or detail on it, that would be a good read.
Timecard, answer at the buttom

The Big Culripts are from Top to Lower:
Power Cable, HDMI Cable, Mouse Cable, COAXIAL if exist

If you order them correctly, which I don't have the right answer for correctly, then wait at least 1-3 days, you will see improvement. After you made any changes you need to wait 1-3 Days!!! (Mouse cable is different and instant)
If you don't change anything the problem will never go away!!

TIPS
POWER CABLE
I've found to fix weird/unexplained tearing/sync/stuttering issues even with VSYNC ON and many other DISPLAY issues that are visible is by moving the power cable for the DISPLAY/SCREEN/TV away from the computer at least 1-2 meters. By that, I mean where it's going to be plugged, the END of the cable. I have UPS so I can split the power stripper away from each other. you will need another power socket to have the distance.

MOUSE
I've found squeezing the cable close to the start of the mouse just like tightening a small part making the mouse a lot more accurate and less floaty. this though happens almost instantly. This could explain the random problem coming back because it's something that moves. I remember many times messing with the mouse cable gave instant results.

HDMI CABLE
I still investigating how the HDMI cable affecting the input changing. for now, it can be somehow loose behind the computer. try to give it a circle or two or do the same as the mouse cable.

Well, I searched like 30 min where I saw, I can't say I trust them or their devices, but if they actually say it from what I experienced then I don't care what other will say or didn't say. because not many sites even know that, they are more technical on the numbers and the checking but doesn't say in terms of how long you should see any difference if it's not instant, because they don't say it's instant also, like I said, they don't have any terms on time.

If our body works the same, then it's gonna take some time of "Healing" "Retune" as they say. and that's why it comes after some time and not instant, so you can't actually know what you fixed or when you fixed, and that's where we go into a loop. so at least we have the answers now. now what will fix it could be easier if we find just the right filter or device for the HDMI. because everyone has HDMI and not COAXIAL, so our focus is on the HDMI.

Now you want me to sound even weirder? It's not actually the settings we change in windows, it's how the computer uses the energy, the less energy you use the less EMI/EMF, so that's why some settings will actually change how the mouse moves. Nothing here is real voodoo, it just seems for us like voodoo because the truth is how we will understand and how we will use this knowledge to get the right fix. I think I made real progress, something many others haven't. I hope this will clear and might fix people the issue. we just need to find something that will isolate the HDMI 100%.

Also, the biggest thing I've noticed is I have the same mouse on my laptop with the same dpi, and when I have the issue on my desktop I have the same on the laptop, so whichever it is, it radiates everywhere.

That explains why changing fan speed changes the electricity and causing less or more EMI/EMF radiation.

On the site, before I sent you, they say EMI/EMF cause so many issues including DATA LOSS. so if we take this seriously for gaming, it is exactly the same. you wouldn't want your hardware destroyed or your data. if we know EMI/EMF has specific Hz radiating and affecting devices, the more radiation you have the more issues you'll have, but let's not forget how long does it stay after you fixed it. we need to understand why EMI/EMF doesn't dissipate like we think it does.

Another thing I wanted to write and got deleted because I posted another post and it discarded the old one.
I wanted to say when the issue starts and you actually sit on the computer and it happened the same every time. You can game for a couple of hours and then the mouse and keyboard would freeze, the image would freeze but the sound continues for 3 seconds. after that happens the mouse would start feeling floaty, now there could be other things happening like weird errors or some other things freeze. I had a weird small window saying Radeon Settings... on the middle of the screen that didn't disappear alone for like 10 min. Now I can't explain it, but I know for sure I moved the HDMI cable a bit just a couple of days before and the COAXIAL cable, that's all. After I moved the COAXIAL again it didn't change anything for a couple of days, so I moved the HDMI and it was working fine after 2-3 days. So I've done repeating tests and every time it is fixed it.

There are many issues that we can't foresee. but the ones I checked I'm very sure of them. I can name you two. The one is when the TV shows Tearing and stuttering no matter what you do like it's pulsing electricity every second. that happens when you have the power cable too close to another source like a Computer or another device which connected to the same power.
Second is the HDMI which is the same as the TV, but instead of giving you Tearing and Stuttering, it gives you some input lag or floaty feeling on everything.

So you see my point here? everything is related to the screen you are seeing. So fixing the issue means both, not just one.
Even if you replace the monitor 100 times, it won't matter. that's why people replaced their computer and monitor and somehow it came back after hours or days.

We somehow went too far with the test we did and what can fix it, but we didn't even try the other way even though we already know it doesn't fix the issue for 90% of the people, so why not find another way? They already did the work for us, why test again failing tests? That's why I took my own route. Some people laughed at me, but I didn't care, I found the cause and understood it. Now I need the "Real" fix that we can actually use on, should it be a filter or some EMI/EMF reduction. I think we also are best with EMI/EMF Shielded SATA cables. that's the worst-case scenario.

Some interesting reading

11 Myths About EMI/EMC

10. Adding a ferrite core or balun on a cable will always reduce radiated emissions.

Aulterra.com USB EMF Device

·
Registered
522 Posts
fixed my input lag without solar and emi filters found the problem after 6 months of suffering ITS WAS THE RAM VOLTAGE ! i bought 4000mhz cl15 ram from gskill seems all the the time its was UNSTABLE and CAUSE THE SLOW MOVEMENT OF GAMES so i try Undervoltage it to 1.35V from 1.5V and EVERYTHING FIXED NO EMI FILTERS NO SOLAR NOTHING FEELS FAST I reduce my ram speed from 4000mhz to 3400mhz i hope it will help for u guys !!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
fixed my input lag without solar and emi filters found the problem after 6 months of suffering ITS WAS THE RAM VOLTAGE ! i bought 4000mhz cl15 ram from gskill seems all the the time its was UNSTABLE and CAUSE THE SLOW MOVEMENT OF GAMES so i try Undervoltage it to 1.35V from 1.5V and EVERYTHING FIXED NO EMI FILTERS NO SOLAR NOTHING FEELS FAST I reduce my ram speed from 4000mhz to 3400mhz i hope it will help for u guys !!
This fix could help, but some people here replaced their computer 3 times including everything. so for some like me, this doesn't do anything as the issue happened on my I3770K in another room, on my laptop in the same room with my 1950x.

I noticed that enabling HDMI CEC on my LG OELD CX somehow improves the mouse speed. weird.... it makes it totally accurate. NOT WITHOUT THE ALL OTHER THINGS. don't be mixed up. CEC improves even more on top of the fix with what I said, this is for everyone.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I had the chance to do another test. I spilled accidentally coffee on my table and I needed to move the cable beneath, somehow the input lag came back the floaty stopping. So I moved the cable extension that connected to the UPS that the TV connected to, and it fixed it immediately. The EMI passthrough the power cables like mofo. if you didn't fix your issue or you fixed it at your friend's house, then something with the cables near your computer is causing the issue and it will never disappear until you start moving things.

Move the TV/Monitor Cable away from all devices you can, if the cable passthrough all other devices or close to them, make sure it is far as you can.
Put Ferrite on the Power Extension cable if you use it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I occasionally experience that my mice feel odd, not 1:1 with my movement. What helps is going to device manager -> delete HID mouse driver -> plug out-> wait a few sec -> plug back inn. Its like something gets corrupted during power on or something :/

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the chance to do another test. I spilled accidentally coffee on my table and I needed to move the cable beneath, somehow the input lag came back the floaty stopping. So I moved the cable extension that connected to the UPS that the TV connected to, and it fixed it immediately. The EMI passthrough the power cables like mofo. if you didn't fix your issue or you fixed it at your friend's house, then something with the cables near your computer is causing the issue and it will never disappear until you start moving things.

Move the TV/Monitor Cable away from all devices you can, if the cable passthrough all other devices or close to them, make sure it is far as you can.
Put Ferrite on the Power Extension cable if you use it.
at the end of the day all this cables needs to connect to your pc,tv or whatever so what u mean by moving the cables far away? maybe u mean just make the cables not touch each other? and why you using tv and complaining about input lag? you have been moving cables like 1,2 years as i can see and you still didnt fix your issue so why keep changing?
if the input lags are completely gone with ups on battery its still a cables problem? all this emi its causing from the electricity or air? sometimes i feel like your trolling or something but nvm. Just asking btw

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
at the end of the day all this cables needs to connect to your pc,tv or whatever so what u mean by moving the cables far away? maybe u mean just make the cables not touch each other? and why you using tv and complaining about input lag? you have been moving cables like 1,2 years as i can see and you still didnt fix your issue so why keep changing?
if the input lags are completely gone with ups on battery its still a cables problem? all this emi its causing from the electricity or air? sometimes i feel like your trolling or something but nvm. Just asking btw
Answers are below on specific images.

Remainder : don't forget it takes 2-3 days for EMI to disappear completely after you do any change. some things happens faster but we have no idea when you need to wait.

Also, making a mouse cable like this improves mouse movement a lot. It's about the CABLES, nothing from outside!

The more you squeeze the mouse cable close to each other the better, again, that's what happens when you use a FERRITE! you reduce the EMI around it and from it!
The problem is I can't use a ferrite very close to the mouse because it gives the mouse a mouse pad friction. I even tried it for you.

I think you can even put it before. so I put it before the mouse cable holder and now it doesn't move and have the same affect.

By "Far Away" I mean this. the FAR one is all the devices. SWITCH / ROUTER / Ambivision Camera LEDS / MODEM. This white cable that goes beyond the photo is going at least 2m the RIGHT away from the computer that is on the LEFT SIDE. As long the Monitor / TV is far away from the Computer and other power Cables which you can see they are all power Cables, the better the mouse movement. the black cables are CAT8 btw and the green one is FIBER OPTIC. So they don't get or radiate any EMI.

The cables make EMI. I have my room changing things, moving around things, so the cable must move because it is under my feet far away from the other power cables and extension cables but I have the thing for the legs that you put on, and it is very close to it, so it's moving the cable. I also have the VR which has the cable close to it which is moving it. you can't fix EMI, you just need to move cables around it so it won't affect it. I also told already that EMI also not affect my main computer, it also affect my laptop on the same room. so it's no directly related to the computer, it's all around me. Also, moving the cable suggesting this is the only thing that's been changed, means I am right on my calling, about this related to thing affect. I also have a video comparing one by one when the Windows Search is affecting the lag. some things are affecting, it's not placebo. you want me to give you a direct answer and 1 simple fix. Know this that companies invest tons of money on expert and devices and distance to reduce EMI because that's what can cause them a total loss on all devices and reduction on performance.

This is on TV. I have OLED 55CX which is the lowest on input lag you can get. why do you blame the TV? it has barely 2-3ms input lag on GAME MODE Picture mode or PC Input.

I have proof, and I'm showing it, it's not a placebo, I've been playing games now for like 2 months without issues. I can feel it when it returns IF IT RETUNRS. and my best change of FIXING it forever is to understand exactly what is the ROOT cause. Believe me, I gave all of you enough information to work on, and save you a lot of money. now yours is the decision to decide to try it or saying it's not working.

This is an old video that when I moved a lot around.

Compare these two videos and tell me where there is tons of lag and where is not. this is on a different TV with 34.4ms LG OLED E6 which doesn't work anymore and was replaced with the 55CX that you see before.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Answers are below on specific images.

Also, making a mouse cable like this improves mouse movement a lot. It's about the CABLES, nothing from outside!

The more you squeeze the mouse cable close to each other the better, again, that's what happens when you use a FERRITE! you reduce the EMI around it and from it!
The problem is I can't use a ferrite very close to the mouse because it gives the mouse a mouse pad friction. I even tried it for you.

I think you can even put it before. so I put it before the mouse cable holder and now it doesn't move and have the same affect.

By "Far Away" I mean this. the FAR one is all the devices. SWITCH / ROUTER / Ambivision Camera LEDS / MODEM. This white cable that goes beyond the photo is going at least 2m the RIGHT away from the computer that is on the LEFT SIDE. As long the Monitor / TV is far away from the Computer and other power Cables which you can see they are all power Cables, the better the mouse movement. the black cables are CAT8 btw and the green one is FIBER OPTIC. So they don't get or radiate any EMI.

The cables make EMI. I have my room changing things, moving around things, so the cable must move because it is under my feet far away from the other power cables and extension cables but I have the thing for the legs that you put on, and it is very close to it, so it's moving the cable. I also have the VR which has the cable close to it which is moving it. you can't fix EMI, you just need to move cables around it so it won't affect it. I also told already that EMI also not affect my main computer, it also affect my laptop on the same room. so it's no directly related to the computer, it's all around me. Also, moving the cable suggesting this is the only thing that's been changed, means I am right on my calling, about this related to thing affect. I also have a video comparing one by one when the Windows Search is affecting the lag. some things are affecting, it's not placebo. you want me to give you a direct answer and 1 simple fix. Know this that companies invest tons of money on expert and devices and distance to reduce EMI because that's what can cause them a total loss on all devices and reduction on performance.

This is on TV. I have OLED 55CX which is the lowest on input lag you can get. why do you blame the TV? it has barely 2-3ms input lag on GAME MODE Picture mode or PC Input.

I have proof, and I'm showing it, it's not a placebo, I've been playing games now for like 2 months without issues. I can feel it when it returns IF IT RETUNRS. and my best change of FIXING it forever is to understand exactly what is the ROOT cause. Believe me, I gave all of you enough information to work on, and save you a lot of money. now yours is the decision to decide to try it or saying it's not working.

This is an old video that when I moved a lot around.

Compare these two videos and tell me where there is tons of lag and where is not. this is on a different TV with 34.4ms LG OLED E6 which doesn't work anymore and was replaced with the 55CX that you see before.

thank you for great information with pictures and instruction brother appreciate it. Never tried moving cables away becase its all was same for me, the only thing that worked for me was ips on battery it makes thing perfect. ill try like tou suggested and report back. I see urr plugging too many things in one extender. try to plug one thing in every different outlet. its reduces EMI try that

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
thank you for great information with pictures and instruction brother appreciate it. Never tried moving cables away becase its all was same for me, the only thing that worked for me was ips on battery it makes thing perfect. ill try like tou suggested and report back. I see urr plugging too many things in one extender. try to plug one thing in every different outlet. its reduces EMI try that
My big culprit is the COAXIAL Cable. it causes all the radiation. I think when I'll change to Fiber-optic broadband I won't have an issue. I think one thing for sure is because like I said it goes directly to me with all the noise from the wooden electrical. I just need to get it unplugged and replace the internet broadband service. Also, my main diagnostic is because it radiates to all parts of my room and even next room. Desktop and Laptop are in the same room both having exactly the same mouse feeling when it happens, and I had my old desktop computer unused in a room next to me, all had the issues exactly the same. Now when I move the COAXIAL cable to a different position the mouse changes. so I will investigate more focusing on one thing now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
pcie spread spectrum clocking FIX ALL EMI + RAM VOLTAGE + low freq END GAME !!! Thats it im done :)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
pcie spread spectrum clocking FIX ALL EMI + RAM VOLTAGE + low freq END GAME !!! Thats it im done :)
if we already know the HDMI has EMI radiation or acting as an antenna then this could help because it mitigates the EMI that the GPU receives, thus reducing the EMI that goes to the TV/Monitor. but not all motherboards have this, and it can cause other issues, like performance.

Can you show us a video with it enabled / disabled? so we can see the differences

·
Registered
522 Posts
if we already know the HDMI has EMI radiation or acting as an antenna then this could help because it mitigates the EMI that the GPU receives, thus reducing the EMI that goes to the TV/Monitor. but not all motherboards have this, and it can cause other issues, like performance.

Can you show us a video with it enabled / disabled? so we can see the differences
there u go tested with 400 dpi sens 15 in OW

low voltage low freq spread off + spread on

981 - 1000 of 1034 Posts