Overclock.net banner
1001 - 1020 of 1034 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
there u go tested with 400 dpi sens 15 in OW

low voltage low freq spread off + spread on

can you show on desktop slow fast, slow movement? in games it's hard to see and I can't see what happens with the sensitivity differencee

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
hmm i dont see any difference in my desktop only in games
I just want to compare without the game sensitivity. 1:1 to par with windows. it's hard to see the mouse movement in the game.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
30fps and its 240hz
if you can capture 60hz would help a lot. cause 30hz is slow by its nature and no one uses 30hz anyway.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm interested, no one yet tried any of the things we said? me with the Cables and pox02 with the Spread Spectrum.
I bought it just in case SATA6 Shielded cables just to make sure the DATA is not corrupted from any EMI. if servers take this seriously then so are we.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
EXTREME EMI reduction connect ur usb in front of pc not in back huge difference I CANT SOMETIME SEE THE MOUSE CAUSE ITS MOVE EXTREMELY FAST and its only 800 dpi !!!

try to do slow movements not just fast, from slow to fast to faster, from faster to slow slower.

it could help but I've tried that many times if you don't fix the main culprit nothing will help, you already reduced the EMI to null, and now you improved the signal between USB and devices. if you can capture horizontal, it's hard to see anything with portrait

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I am sure this has already been covered just relaying my recent experience.

The last month of so id been experiencing some occasional crackling noise coming from my speakers, didnt pay much attention to it, over time I started to see graphical anomolies occuring also in Windows and in the BIOS, the graphical anomolies were brief but were causing flickering on the screen.

I resolved this issue by changing the PSU power cord.

Not entirely sure this was the fix in my case as it was only yesterday that I changed it, but since then ive had no crackling and no graphical anomolies ....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I am sure this has already been covered just relaying my recent experience.

The last month of so id been experiencing some occasional crackling noise coming from my speakers, didnt pay much attention to it, over time I started to see graphical anomolies occuring also in Windows and in the BIOS, the graphical anomolies were brief but were causing flickering on the screen.

I resolved this issue by changing the PSU power cord.

Not entirely sure this was the fix in my case as it was only yesterday that I changed it, but since then ive had no crackling and no graphical anomolies ....
Can you say which power plug did you have the issue with? Brand/power/VA and the new one that fixed the issue?
Is it the same AWG? same length? did you plug it exactly in the same position all along the way to the power plug?

I also found another weird issue that I finally fixed. For example when I always tried to login to my windows if it's LogOff or after restart, I was never able to get the password written once and log in, it would 90% of the times says incorrect password. Now I know I write fast and almost never with mistakes, it should work same as my laptop which is almost the same password and it always works fine. so I investigate and found out that ProcODT , RttNom,RttWr,RttPark affects on the keyboard input lag or the system as whole. after I changed from ProcODT 53.3 or 48.8 to 60.0 and RttNom from 7 to Disabled, RttWr was always disabled and RttPark was always 5. the keyboard never ever miss a keystroke, I was able to log in every single time 100%.

The reason for this changes are because I read.
demystifying_memory_overclocking_on_ryzen_oc/
AMD Ryzen Memory Tweaking & Overclocking Guide - Benchmarks: Presets & System Configuration | TechPowerUp

Things to note.
I have G.Skill 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34. They are Single Rank and it's a Threadripper 1950x system with 4 Sticks Total 32Gb. Another thing to note, I never had all these time issue as such BSOD/Grey screen or crashes or WHEA errors. everything was working perfectly, it didn't affect the mouse, but it could a bit. One thing is for sure, the keyboard is 10x better now. So what is not visible, even when I feel it's not correct, it's not correct.

ProcODT: Processor On-Die Termination Impedance. The resistance which a memory signal travelling to the CPU terminates at. This reduces signal noise and lowers how much the signal over- and undershoots the voltage that the signal should be sent at. From what I understand, going too low can allow signal noise to send faulty signals to the memory, but going too high can actually cause a signal to be absorbed and not reach the processor. This defaults to 53.3Ω.

Overclocking guidelines? : This is probably the most important value to change in this section to improve overclock stability. Notice I only said change, as it is generally accepted that RAM kits have different “preferences” for this value; that is, higher is not necessarily better. The overclocking community recommends keeping this in the range of 40Ω-80Ω, while AMD recommends 60Ω-96Ω. (However, for values of at least 80Ω, you should ensure that your memory is receiving some airflow.) As a rule of thumb, dual rank memory requires this value to be higher than single rank memory, but this does not mean that single rank memory cannot benefit from higher values.

RTT_PARK: Park On-Die Termination Impedance. The resistance at which signals sent to a memory die will terminate when ODT is low. I believe this is related to CKE LOW/Powerdown Mode. From what I can decipher, when RTT_NOM is disabled/off, this value seems to take over. This resistance can help prevent signal integrity loss to dies in which the memory is not executing write commands. The values for this are measured in terms of fractions of RZQ, which is a reference 240Ω resistor.

Overclocking guidelines? : To be honest I’m not really sure exactly how to tune this, but theoretically (and as corroborated by Ryzen DRAM Calculator) a higher value for this may be necessary to stabilize an overclock, as it should help signal integrity. However, like with ProcODT, too high of a resistance probably causes instability by way of signal absorption. Furthermore, several users have reported lower values working better. According to one Micron data sheet, this should be disabled for single-rank DIMMs and enabled for dual-rank DIMMs, but I have not tested this myself.

RTT_NOM: Nominal On-Die Termination Impedance. For high ODT, this is the termination resistance for signals sent to a memory die not being written to, but which is connected to one that is being written to. I believe this is related to CKE HIGH pulses. This resistance can help prevent signal integrity loss when the memory is not executing write commands. The values for this are also measured in terms of fractions of RZQ.

Overclocking guidelines? : See RTT_PARK.

RTT_WR: Dynamic/Write On-Die Termination Impedance. This is the resistance at which signals sending write commands to a memory die will terminate at. This resistance can help prevent signal integrity loss when the memory is executing write commands. The values for this are also measured in terms of fractions of RZQ.

Overclocking guidelines? : Like the previous two I don’t personally know how to tune these, and simply used DRAM Calculator values, but in theory higher can improve stability. Though again, several users have reported lower values working better. The aforementioned data sheet says that memory rank does not impact whether this should be enabled or disabled, so changing this may be purely trial and error and something of a matter of kit “preference.”
** Testing to see if putting the power strip upside down reducing the EMI somehow.

Product Font Technology Screenshot Electric blue

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Can you say which power plug did you have the issue with? Brand/power/VA and the new one that fixed the issue?
Is it the same AWG? same length? did you plug it exactly in the same position all along the way to the power plug?

I also found another weird issue that I finally fixed. For example when I always tried to login to my windows if it's LogOff or after restart, I was never able to get the password written once and log in, it would 90% of the times says incorrect password. Now I know I write fast and almost never with mistakes, it should work same as my laptop which is almost the same password and it always works fine. so I investigate and found out that ProcODT , RttNom,RttWr,RttPark affects on the keyboard input lag or the system as whole. after I changed from ProcODT 53.3 or 48.8 to 60.0 and RttNom from 7 to Disabled, RttWr was always disabled and RttPark was always 5. the keyboard never ever miss a keystroke, I was able to log in every single time 100%.

AMD Ryzen Memory Tweaking & Overclocking Guide - Benchmarks: Presets & System Configuration | TechPowerUp

Things to note.
I have G.Skill 3200Mhz 14-14-14-34. They are Single Rank and it's a Threadripper 1950x system with 4 Sticks Total 32Gb. Another thing to note, I never had all these time issue as such BSOD/Grey screen or crashes or WHEA errors. everything was working perfectly, it didn't affect the mouse, but it could a bit. One thing is for sure, the keyboard is 10x better now. So what is not visible, even when I feel it's not correct, it's not correct.

** Testing to see if putting the power strip upside down reducing the EMI somehow.

View attachment 2524912
It was a Volex 1.8m 10A UK cable, wire diameter 0.75mm which falls between 20-21 AWG.

Replaced it with same length cable, same gauge, but this one has a ferrite choke near the end that plugs into the PC

·
Registered
522 Posts

Things to note.

View attachment 2524912
i think VRM Spread spectrum or IOTG spread spectrum can do the trick even better im going to build new pc with only msi board since they have all spread spectrum in bios

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i think VRM Spread spectrum or IOTG spread spectrum can do the trick even better im going to build new pc with only msi board since they have all spread spectrum in bios
That's the thing. Spread Spectrum is not a real solution to our issues. because first, we need to know why it fixes that and which device radiate, is it the computer itself or other devices. 90% won't buy MSI or motherboard that have Spread Spectrum options. It might ideal for you, but in the future might be an issue.

Spread Spectrum might fix Sound Issues and the issues we are having, but who knows when there won't be these options. why else not everyone put these options in the bios?

·
Registered
522 Posts
That's the thing. Spread Spectrum is not a real solution to our issues. because first, we need to know why it fixes that and which device radiate, is it the computer itself or other devices. 90% won't buy MSI or motherboard that have Spread Spectrum options. It might ideal for you, but in the future might be an issue.

Spread Spectrum might fix Sound Issues and the issues we are having, but who knows when there won't be these options. why else not everyone put these options in the bios?
pcie spread spectrum clocking enabled by default in all motherboards brands thats why no one mess with it i have z390 FTW from evga and that option disabled by default i will never buy evga boards again

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
After testing again, using ProcODT 53.3 gives slight input lag even though the mouse is fast but it is less accurate. changing it to 60 makes it perfect. that's super weird. we already know how RAM affects mouse movement, but it could be a lot of them causing it.

We've made great progress. we know so much now. that I think no one could've thought of the things we did.

So what we know so far including what you've tested.

Cable power/Brand is important and also where they are connected, causing EMI on the way and where they are connected in the end, if it's close to other devices then it would spread through other cables.

Mouse cable position

HDMI
cables also have EMI that can act as an antenna and causing many weird issues.

Spread Spectrum, can fix many issues because other devices, even not in your own house, should be tested to see if that's the case. Enabling specific Spread Spectrum especially the PCI-E/VRM/IOTG.

Memory Voltage Testing lower voltage can fix issues, maybe its overvoltage depends on the motherboard.

ProcODT can affect the mouse input lag by a small margin, more on accuracy than speed.

1001 - 1020 of 1034 Posts