1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
I have some HD202's, I would get these if I knew they would fit over my large ears better. With what I have now, I am guaranteed to have part of my ear hurting from a piece of foam sitting on it for too long.

·
Registered
330 Posts
HD555 are great headphones.
Had the set for over two years and the speakers and still just fine and dandy. Still great volume and great quality.
I put them some rough use to. Stepped on them, dropped them a half million times. And finally the left ear broke off, wire was still in tact though! Duct solved the problem just fine.
So for 80bucks can you really go wrong?
Nah great deal all around.
Really wish the main wire was detachable though so it could replaced with a smaller one. But I used a bread twist tie and solved that problem too.

For 80bucks I give these a
79 out 82 pre-chew walnuts.
and a
127 of 135 out of date used textbooks.

yeah makes no sense.... just buy them and be happy.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Will these sound good (as in, considerably better than HD201s) with a decent soundcard (like mine)?

Or are these not worth much without an amp?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I also have the hd201s and these sound a lot better. the ear cups are huge and don't sit on the ear, but instead surround your ears entierly. The 201s are small compared to the 555s.

·
Premium Member
10,900 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnycat
View Post

Are these better then the g35 headset?

I really want a 7.1 headset....

yes, by far. and 7.1 headsets are a joke/sham.

Quote:

Originally Posted by calavera
View Post

oh man, I have a bose headset I want to replace. damn this is tempting

do eetttt

@OP nice find, I paid $120 for mine all said and done when I got them
but now I like my HD650s

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Any other recommendations from their headphone section? Seems pretty extensive.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just ordered mine.
Going to order a decent sound card and hopefully be blown away from the improvement over the onboard/HD202 combo that I have right now

·
Registered
706 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWolfe View Post
Will these sound good (as in, considerably better than HD201s) with a decent soundcard (like mine)?

Or are these not worth much without an amp?

Yes I was wondering if my x-fi music card would be high enough quality to push these.

Any answers?

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Anybody know their return policy?

I already own the AD700s - they are great headphones. I'd like to compare them to the 555s first hand but in case there's no noticeable improvement would like to return them.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by egerds
View Post

Yes I was wondering if my x-fi music card would be high enough quality to push these.

Any answers?

They don't NEED an amp. They will sound find without one. But with the addition of an amp they will sound a bit better.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts