1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3f95b9f8d9c2c06b9777ae7dc76acecf.jpg

[Source]
Quote:
The Disc driver allows a full backward compatibility with games of the fisrt generation.
All the new games will be fully donwloadable on internet.

Thanks to its network connectivity, the Dreamcast [Delta] will recognize phones, touchscreen tablets, smartphone for young gamers but also regular wireless controllers for true casual and hardcore gamers if needed.

Everyone need his phone to do things more appropriate than play; that why, there is a fast inductive charging system on the top of the Dreamcast [Delta].
An adatative and universal case is provided with the game console to adapt to every device and accelerate the charging. We can now play and then recharge our smartphone easily.

Size: Lengh x Width x Height = 200mm x 188mm x 40mm (technical plans on first page)

Nowadays, it's sometimes difficult to plug our game console to our tv because all the connections are behind the device. We generally turn the game console, hold it in a risky way and move the furniture.
Thanks to this new shape, we could have more space to connect the game console without moving it.

In the same way, electronic devices are sometimes hidden in furniture or under other equipment, forbidding air circulation.
Thanks to triangular shape, the elevated silver foot, the elevated top surface and this huge perforated side create an powerfull air flow all aroud the dreamcast.
This looks promising, it would be nice to see another competitor in the market and Sega would be the one to pull it off, we just have to make sure it doesn't die like dreamcast did to playstation!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
This isn't news, its just some random concept. Some guy is daydreaming a bit too much.

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
man oh man, i hated consoles after sega, i think i might have an option out there, finally. please be real

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Sadly Sega is not competent enough to handle a console I think. They blew it when they let Tom Kalinske go whose direction made them a huge success with the genesis. Apparently sega of japan resented the hell out of him and started calling the shots and it was all downhill from there. Crazy how egos can destroy a company.

They can't even get it together with Sonic The Hedgehog.

This is a really insightfull and fascinating interview with Tom Kalinske, any sega fans should check it out!

http://info.sonicretro.org/Tom_Kalinske_interview_by_Sega-16_(July_11,_2006)

·
Registered
694 Posts
Even if it was real and SEGA is planning to release this console, I can almost definitely say it will be Japan only.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Sega abandoned the Dreamcast (still hate the bastards for it
sad-smiley-002.gif
), i don't trust Sega with a new console anymore (do they even have that kind of money anymore?), if something goes wrong or if someone is ahead of them they will drop the system and leave us high and dry.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollingtonbear View Post

I hope its not fake because that picture is such a tease
Which is exactly why all the pictures are in broken English and don't have any SEGA logos but instead the bloggers email.

This guy is a 23 year old French student:
http://elieahovi.prosite.com/40906/resume

I really can't believe a moderator himself posted this as news, lol. This isn't even a rumor. It's just some guy who's really into conceptualization and design who is also good with Photoshop.

·
Banned
75 Posts
LOL @ "Infinitively" smart
lachen.gif

Author of that design should brush up on grammar. "Infinitive" and "infinite" are 2 completely different things.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhalmel View Post

Even if it was real and SEGA is planning to release this console, I can almost definitely say it will be Japan only.
i'll finally have a valid excuse to spend the money to visit Japan like i've always wanted...
thumb.gif

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
why are people acting like this is real....

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
yeah this isn't news. The pictures look very fancy and all but a new dreamcast? I doubt it.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFTW View Post

I said if theres another sega console that will be released i would buy it day 1
Plz be real and takemymoney.jpg
Here here.

Dreamcast was waay ahead of it's time.

·
PC Gamer
1,163 Posts
I hope its real. Dreamcast was the last console i truely enjoyed. I spent so many hours of DOA 2, Crazy Driver, and Shenmue.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
This + Shenmue 3 + Sword of the Beserk 2 = AWESOMESAUCE!!!

This is so fake its not even funny, but id by a sega console again.

·
Registered
566 Posts
"I hope this is real". What the heck guys???

Your smartphone is the controller.

Worst.

Idea.

Ever.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts