Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a free if possible program to check my email every 5-10 minutes and notify me when I have new mail. I prefer a audio response as I hardly am on my PC anymore but I usually in ear shot of a ding.
I sell a lot of stuff on craigslist and I help my neighbor out when he is out of town. Its just nice to have a program to baby sit for me.

I was using a program called DynAdvanced but it no longer works with Gmail. Does anyone have any alternatives for me? Thank you kindly.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah man, I really have no need for a cell or a regular phone. All my family is within walking distance and my girlfriend lives with me. It baffles my friends that I am like this but they can easily text my email address. The only cell I have is a pre-pay with pay as you go minutes. I use this for camping,fishing,and any other outside activity.

I only did it after getting brow beat by my granny,grandma,mother,girlfriend, and all the males in between who got sick of listening to them
tongue.gif

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
Get an iPod touch or Archos Gen8/Gen9.... Or a tablet that has WiFi access for mobility?

Other than that you can get outlook, or Windows Live Mail from windows live essential (free) and have it set up with POP access from GMAIL and whenever it receives a message, have it play a sound file (configurable in settings) and leave your volume at max. That's bout the only other thing I can think of.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I believe a program called Gmail notifier should work. It's a bit old, but it worked just fine a couple weeks ago when I stopped using it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see, thank you all for the help. Looks like the thunderbird solution might be just what I was looking for.

·
Premium Member
11,272 Posts
Gmail Notifier is a Google-made program that does just that. You can also get addons for your favorite browser.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts