Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got a free 780i and another 8800GT, So I SLI them and now i get major amounts of EMI (Electromagnetic interference I think that's what its called.) I am using X-FI Xtrem Gamer Sound card, and didnt have this issue with 1 8800GT, I just wanted to know if there was any type of fix for this problem thanks.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
do you have any cables touching the motherboard or any other cards? That was the problem with mine! Congrats on free mobo and 88gt

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by go4life
View Post

do you have any cables touching the motherboard or any other cards? That was the problem with mine! Congrats on free mobo and 88gt

thanks
, I have to take a look, I was kinda in a rush to get it together so might be some.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have had this PSU for about three computers, I do need to update. :|

The First PC was a 939 3800+ x2 and 7600GT' SLI
The Second was a 775 e6550 @ 3.6 and 7600GT's SLI then upgraded to 1 8800GT

Now the e8400.

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Well I would recommend my PSU! Never had any problem with it! And nice and stable to

• Rep+
Reactions: nubz

·
Registered
990 Posts
Keep the sound card as far away from the graphics cards as you can. Also you may want to look into making some EMI shields for the card. Instructions for making the shields are in the XFi mod thread.

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
I've had this issue a while ago, while in a hurry to mount a rig I missed a couple of screws that tie the mobo to the chassis. I fixed this, all was fine.
Hope it works.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by AMD2600 View Post
Keep the sound card as far away from the graphics cards as you can. Also you may want to look into making some EMI shields for the card. Instructions for making the shields are in the XFi mod thread.
Never really thought about that, It has always been at the bottom of my case now its in the middle of both cards.
, Might have just solved my problem.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Disable any unused onboard devices (IDE, Firewire, Floppy, LAN2, etc). It can cause bus interference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts