Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I've been having an issue with Empire since I reinstalled it after switching to Win7. Keep in mind, this is the only game that I have any issues with. In any case, here's the video, notice at the bottom of the screen, the brown boxes that flash quickly and then disappear. This happens throughout gameplay, but is more frequent when I am cycling through my regions. I don't have any issues during battles, just on the campaign screen. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game, but same thing happens. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
The game doesn't like your graphics driver, maybe? I dunno, its a weird issue, but that's the first thing I'd try to change. An older 18x.xx perhaps.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you think older driver may work better? this isn't an artifacting issue, is it?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just the two most recent nvidia drivers.
could it be some kind of corrupted data in the game itself?

·
Premium Member
4,386 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RunsCool
View Post

just the two most recent nvidia drivers.
could it be some kind of corrupted data in the game itself?

Maybe. If using some older drivers doesn't help, first thing I would do is try a different card (if you have one available). If not, or if that doesn't work, download a game .iso and use your key to activate it (NOT advocating piracy, use your own key). That would answer your corrupt data question.

Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts