Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how it ran. The graphics look amazing and its such a massive scale. If its anything like the other games its going to require the best hardware out to max.

My computer is pretty good but I don't think Ill be able to max this with aa/af at 1920x1200.

Anyone (hopefully with a 4870x2) tried this game yet?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I tried it on my sig rig and was able to max out every settings and still get good frame rates of course AA is turned off.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Was able to max it during the demo w/ AA on (but at 4x or something I think) @ 1920x1200, and 4870x2 will completely waste my 8800 Ultra.

I do know it's very processor intensive though, and I'm running @ 4GHz. I don't know if it's Quad Core optimized. If it is, you'll slaughter the game.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TY guys.

Assuming with all the stuff going on in the game, its probably quad core optimized.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm running the steam release now, and performance is absolutely horrendous on my sig rig. I'm going to run the drivers released yesterday, but I don't think they'll have optimized E:TW yet. So far i'm very dissapointed,

also the demo ran like butter on my sig rig when I had my 8800gtx, so I'm just confused at performance

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm running on ultra with my sig rig... doesn't really help you per your questions however, my rigs on the new side... i turned AA down to 4x from 16x or whatever. The game itself is gorgeous, and runs well. At these settings, the map is actually a lower framerate than the battles, which run smoother than sinead o conner's head.

I, however, suck at this game, and battles rapidly devolve into what could only be a cluster... cluster.

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thiosk View Post
I, however, suck at this game, and battles rapidly devolve into what could only be a cluster... cluster.
Hehe, I've found the easiest way is a combination of heavy artillery, heavy cavalry, and using your infantry pretty much only as a diversion or defense from high ground.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts