Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if the title makes sense but here goes: my actual question will make perfect sense so don't worry.

I used to work at office depot until a staples opened and I went there, but now I'm considering working two jobs and I was wondering what you guys think would be the likelihood of office depot OR staples checking to see what my other job was if I lied and said I was working somewhere else?

Reason being is that Staples would not let me start even training until I was completely gone from office depot because they are competitors.

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I dont think they would actively check up on you but dont let them find out. I dont think its against the law so more power to you.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Check your contract and see if there is any mention of working at another job. Usually in your contract they will say if you work somewhere else you notify them or something similar.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I think the term ive heard used in the past was conflict of interest. I worked at a gamestop and wanted to get another job at a Circuit City or a Best Buy, but it was against the policy of gamestop to work for competitors.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, most retailers make you sign a non compete agreement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts