Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/star-wars-battlefront-2-confirmed-to-be-in-development-and-will-focus-on-latest-movies/44393.htm
Quote:
Reporting on the news about "Star Wars Battlefront 2," GameSpot states that the CEO provided more information about it in an earnings call that happened recently. Importantly, the CEO of developer Electronic Arts, Blake Jorgensen, stated that the next game is going to focus on the plot and characters that were seen in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." Also, the upcoming movie "Rogue One," which is due to release in December, could be featured in the next game.
It's not a bad choice. The Force Awakens is the 2nd best Star Wars movie of all time, after The Empire Strikes Back.

They could have done a lot worse.
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
The only way I see myself buying Battlefront 2 is if they put Rey putting on a helmet as a gif on the cover.

Battlefront 1 looks pretty though. But I've heard the PC version is already dead. No playerbase left.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

The only way I see myself buying Battlefront 2 is if they put Rey putting on a helmet as a gif on the cover. Battlefront 1 looks pretty though. But I've heard the PC version is already dead. No playerbase left.
If this is anything to go by, 3k players right now to the 20k+ on consoles, then yeah, its pretty dead.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Unless they fire everyone currently employed at EA, I'll go with it will suck as much if not more than the first.

·
Premium Member
6,631 Posts
yeah PC gamers move on fast. It's like everyone plays it for 1-2 months then moves on to the next game.

Only Valve and Blizzard games can entertain people for longer

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post

If this is anything to go by, 3k players right now to the 20k+ on consoles, then yeah, its pretty dead.
Dam that bad? I was thinkong of getting it on PC since I have it for PS4....shame.

And LevelCap praised it and said it was great, so did Jackfrags.

Guess they do marketing for EA? Lol

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyae86 View Post

Dam that bad? I was thinkong of getting it on PC since I have it for PS4....shame.

And LevelCap praised it and said it was great, so did Jackfrags.

Guess they do marketing for EA? Lol
Its a super fun game, the problem is there is just not enough content. Also the blasters feel really clunky compared to tradition firearms in games. I enjoyed my games but not enough content and customization. Like if it had some sort of class system and way more weapons and customization like BF4 I'm sure it would still have players.

·
Politically incorrect
3,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kakik09 View Post

They couldn't make it a DLC?
frown.gif
This. The first game died in months due to a lack of content. Why not fix the problem, instead of putting out another $60 title? EA isn't making any sense.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Give me a long SP for 30 bucks and I'll be happy!

·
PC Evangelist
46,965 Posts
BF needs story.

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,751 Posts
I enjoy BF and am playing right now. It is easy to find a full game without issue. I've got my money's worth.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
So this will be dlc for first game as a addon doubt theyd make a whole new game for ppl to abandon. Feel bad for ppl who paid the $180 for ultimate collectors ripoff Edition.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts