Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been posted yet; but I found some screenshots from Splash Damage's Quake 4 multiplayer loadout. I'm excited to see that Quake 4 is getting the same treatment Wolfenstein got. They said they reworked the entire Doom engine for better outside rendering. Exciting ^^

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/enemy-terri.../617055p1.html

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars...

and yes, the news has been out for a while... it looks good... I hope it turns out to be awesome... once I saw it my imagination took over and games dont always turn out to be as awesome as you imagined

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for correcting the title ;O
It's made my SplashDamage; who did an excellent job on Enemy Territory for Wolfenstein. Besides, did you see the Strogg Jetpacks? Looks amazing =o I also read an article that said it's really team focused; Massive mobile bases that you can control, huge vehicles.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Quote:

for the moment, we can just look at the seven new screenshots released for the game and drool, thinking about the great 12x12 battles that might be awaiting us.

Yeah, but if its a max of 12v12, it may be better but it doesnt have the size of BF2 (which a major plus for me).

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
exactly, if... this is the first game in a while, of sorts, that Ive been looking forward to... Ive really been looking for a team based game

halo 2 was awesome for a while but I cant seem to replay it anymore without getting bored or annoyed... and assault and onslaught for ut were awesome for a while but I cant seem to reply them anymore either

I hope this game really turns out to be as fun as I want it to be

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
And everyone thought the doom3 engine sucked...LOSERS!

Take that directx fanatics..;.

Looks extremely good. Hope it isn't bloated like bf2. (Did it take anyone else 3-5min to get into a game? Maybe it just seemed like it...
)

Makes me want to buy it...Anyhow, moving onto Games That Look Like A Really Popular Game, how many of you have heard of Strike Force? Hopefully it'll run on gentoooooo

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think the player limit will really matter.
Consider that Battlefield 2 originally had 16 player maps; no idea at what it's at now. I'm really not sure why Battlefield is so overamped; it requires one hell of a system to play in my opinion, a mediocre game. Not to say that Quake 4 doesn't require a beast to run, but consider what you're going to get out of this game if it plays as they say it will.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts