Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Enermax 1050w revolution 85+ PSU.
I paid $259 for it, but then i decided to get a corsair 1000w.

When I asked newegg for a refund i told them it was never opened and its still in the same wrapping material when it was sent.
They asked for $54 restocking fee...which i find kinda expensive.

My question is should i open it and do the rebate for $65 and then return it so i dont loose money out of this?

I tried selling it on ebay even undercutting everyone by like $30 but no luck.
And im not allowed to post on the for sale in these forums yet.

Any advice?

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
This particular Enermax 1050W PSU is very good. If i was you, i would keep it and get the rebate. Save me from all the hassles.

·
Nope
2,203 Posts
Keep the enermax 1050W PSU. It's better than the corsair. Send the MIR and enjoy the PSU, because it's definitely one of the top PSUs out there.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum
View Post

In most Mail In Rebates, you'll be required to cut out the UPC on the box. If the aforementioned has been done, I believe you cannot make the return as it's not in the original condition anymore.

Ahh good point! Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deano12345
View Post

Dont mean to step on your toes,but why not just keep it ?

Its a great paper weight and all but i rather get rid of it since i already have a PSU installed.

And reason why i decided to get the corsair was cuz of OCN helping me pick

So any ideas other than keeping 2 PSUs? =D

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
So you have two PSUs eh?

And no, you can't even return it once you submit the rebate; which requires you to cut out the UPC bar code.

And no, you can't start selling here because you would need at least 35 rep pts.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris
View Post

I know i cant sell it here thats why im asking for suggestions on what to do.

Your best bet would to try to sell it on ebay again, use 30 days, with a buy it now price along with a offer option, options for global shipping, copy the info and pics from EnermaxUSA.com to make your listing look professional, and eventually someone will buy it. Selling a PSU on ebay takes a l0ng time.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Oh i see, so you got the Corsair after you bought the Enermax already. Now you want to keep your Corsair and sell the Enermax right? Post it on your local CL. I'd still keep the Enermax and sell the Corsair.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
I believe the Enermax Revolutions 1050W is actually a better PSU than the Corsair HX1000W. Need to doublecheck though.

·
Premium Member
16,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice
View Post

Honestly, if OCN told you to get a Corsair, when you already had a Enermax on the way you should never listen to folks on OCN again.

Lies! I love ocn, my rig is exactly how i want it thanks to these forums.
Ill take the blame maybe i didnt mention i had the enermax on the way.

But yea im at a lost, that money could have been some nice fans.
Thanks everyone for trying to help, ill figure something out.
Ill retry ebay/cl.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts