Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey .. I just upgraded my machine with a couple of new pieces :

Aquaduct 360XT III External WC for CPU . . very impressed : ) ) )
Summit Series OCZ - 120Gb Primary boot . . really impressed : )
Enermax 85+ 1250 Mod PSU . . not so impressed : (

Fitted everything apart from new PSU into my old build with existing Coolermaster RealPower Pro 1250 two weeks ago and things were good . . .

New PSU arrived on Friday and installed it over the weekend but on testing it keeps tripping out . .

I know it has enough power to run the machine and when in standby mode I get the orange light on the PSU and my Rampage II is all lit up like Vegas ... so it works and is wired up right by everytime I hit the power button it kicks in for about 1 second then shuts down. I get a bit of fan movement, some lights come on then . . back to the dark ages . . then MoBo lights come back on and PSU fan slowly spins . .

I have disconnected all the modular cables and even the fixed GPU cable so I am just running the 24 pin and 8 pin to the MoBo . . same thing happens . . I can only assume there is a short of sorts but can't figure out how or why as nothing else has been changed . . that said I'm really not sure ..... anyone got any ideas ? have you experienced the same problem . . ?

Cheers

·
Registered
805 Posts
I've had the same issue with my Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250w and the eVGA Classified. RMA your PSU for a new one and let them know what the problem is when you RMA so they can make sure you get the latest revision of the PSU.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
There were many reports of this PSU being incompatible with EVGA X58 mobo's, perhaps your mobo is experiencing some incompatibilities as well. Although I havent seen any reports of Asus mobo's not working with that particular PSU. I would contact customer support and see if they could provide some insight on the matter and RMA if necessary.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have just read about the EVGA issues, i just got a replacement enermax his morning and it's doing the same thing . . my old realpower is still working so it's def the PSU . . that's just nuts . . . not happy with that at all . . . .

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by equetefue View Post
Get a PUS tester and test the power unit.
A PSU Tester wouldn't do anything unless you happen to get one that costs over $1000. The issue with the momentarty voltage when the PSU powers on.

·
Premium Member
21,171 Posts
There is a small lag between when the PSU fires up and when the mobo fires up. The PSU kills itself/the motherboard (or the other way around) because it thinks something's wrong. The only thing I could come up with is using a 24pin extension and making your own jumper for it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.