Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Before IDF 2010, you'd likely never heard of a South Korean electronics company called Ocosmos. Now, their crazy concepts are bursting out of the woodwork. This OCS-9 tablet above not only boasts an Oak Trail processor and 9-inch, 1024 x 768 capacitive touchscreen, but also a removable stylus that slots into a hole into the back to stand the tablet up in either portrait or landscape modes and -- get this -- a slide-out, removable touchscreen QWERTY keypad with two OMOS Keys on either side.

rest of short article

Looks pretty cool. I think I would prefer a Hummingbird setup though....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nategr8ns View Post
If the resolution were a bit higher I could see this competing with the ipad. It will still compete, but the resolution is kind of a bummer.

Still good for a tablet
it's the same resolution as the ipad on a .7" smaller screen... looks good to me

·
Registered
446 Posts
I wonder how easy it is to use the keyboard while holding it, i almost seems like it would be better if the keyboard pulled out the other way.

·
Registered
812 Posts
i would by it with linux distro but with win7 uck!!!!

Quote:
I think I would prefer a Hummingbird setup though....
why??? i believe that the hummingbird will be out performed by the oak trail...

·
Premium Member
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by d33r View Post
is there 2 different sizes? i dont get it? one picture looks alot smaller than the rest?
this picture looks different from the rest? is this a phone version?
http://www.engadget.com/photos/ocosm...e-ups/#3376782
Yea... looks like there are a few versions. There is a 9in version and a 4.8in version. Check out this clip for the 4.8" version.

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Oak Trail
sounds like a codename Intel would give lol
*And then I realized that it IS in fact from Intel*

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,148 Posts
Wait... so they made a touch keyboard that slides out??? Won't that be hard to use with the keys so small?

·
The Newt in Overclock.net
3,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by steelbom
View Post

Wait... so they made a touch keyboard that slides out??? Won't that be hard to use with the keys so small?

removable touchscreen keyboard.... cool. Plus two d-pads = fun for mini-games.
If the implementation of these technologies proves to be user friendly and cost effective, it would be an ipad killer indeed.... if the marketing were there.

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,148 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deagle50ae
View Post

removable touchscreen keyboard.... cool. Plus two d-pads = fun for mini-games.
If the implementation of these technologies proves to be user friendly and cost effective, it would be an ipad killer indeed.... if the marketing were there.

Cool yes, but many people don't like touch screen keyboards, won't this be just the same? Having the virtual keyboard on screen does take up space (iPad), however, having a tiny keyboard will probably be hard to use with tiny keys that provide no tactile feedback (OCS-9).

Nothing will be an iPad killer. Some good products might be able to offer some good competition, but by the time anything comes out that you can actually buy, iPad 2 will be 3 months away or so. And yes, d-pads are fun for games.

·
Audiofool
3,486 Posts
Looks like an iPad with a slideout keyboard. Interesting...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Yes that is another turn off. Why buy anything with a hardware keyboard if it is touch screen.
I would think it would be much better with android and swipe keyboard.

I also think that using hardware keyboard is just one other piece of hardware waiting to break. Like I will not even purchase a smartphone with a hardware keyboard unless I want to roll with a nokia n900 or something.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts