Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Palm just showed us the Unreal Engine 3 running on webOS, which apparently took a couple weeks to port over to the platform using that fancy new PDK. It runs at a pretty smooth clip, with just a tiny bit of artifacting in our enemy's death animation. As an added bit of wow factor, Palm has it currently setup to demonstrate the game at 1 fps when in card view. Like most touchscreen shooters, this doesn't really solve the problem of simulating dual analog sticks, but it's still a fun and good looking engine for a mobile device. We're still unaware of any games that have been built for the mobile engine, which has now been shown for iPhone, Tegra 2, and will be headed to the iPad as well, but we have to assume we'll be seeing some before too long. Check out the webOS video after the break.

SOURCE

It's nice to see both iPhone OS and webOS to have Unreal 3 running on them. Maybe it will run better when the Pre is overclocked.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's not actually Unreal Engine 3. It's using UT3's art resources, but IIRC, it's a completely different engine.

As it obviously would have to be in order to run on an Iphone, or whatever that thing is.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Actually it is the unreal 3 engine, yes it is heavily modified, but that's it in the flesh.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Thanks for posting this. +rep

I own a Palm Pre and I really love the phone (I recommend it to anyone looking for a smartphone). I've been waiting to see how the UE3 port worked out, and it looks pretty good so far.

The more 3D games the better (except when it comes to things like having a life or keeping track of time).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts