Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

We've seen cables, controllers, drivers and years of promises, and it looks like we now finally have some pictures of the first official USB 3.0 motherboard out in the wild. That milestone comes courtesy of ASUS, which looks to have gone all out (or as far out as motherboards can go) with its new P6X58 Premium model. As you can see above, it packs a pair of easily identifiable USB 3.0 ports and three standard USB 2.0 ports, along with accommodations for a Core i7 processor, six DDR3 memory slots, three PCI-Express 2.0 slots, and plenty of other standard fare. Still no word on a price or release date, unfortunately, and the folks at Xfastest unsurprisingly weren't able to provide any benchmarks or the like, considering that there isn't much in the way of actual USB 3.0 gear to test it with just yet.

source

·
Registered
998 Posts
Nothing will be able to utalize USB 3.0!!!

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
not yet, but once it comes out in force its going to be wonderful, Ill be in heaven at work

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TrainRekS
View Post

not really a big fan of 3rd party controllers. Need a new chipset that does SATA III and USB 3.

what there a multitude of third party controlers on any mobo,

including but not limited to,

Audio,
LAN,
SLI (NF200) (ATI equivalent) (on some boards),
RAID (my board has one)

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
USB 3.0 is silly. It's got what, 9 wires? I read that a USB 3.0 cable is as thick as a LAN cable. Plus the extra wiring is going to make devices all that more expensive.

USB 2.0 is fine for 90% of applications. For the rest, just use firewire 800/1600/3200

·
Banned
7,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by killnine View Post
I think he means ubiquitous.
SATA isn't ubiquitous. IDE isn't even. Nothing is.

Computers and ubiquitous don't mix.

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bazuny
View Post

Nothing will be able to utalize USB 3.0!!!

AND IF NOBODY STARTS, THEN NOTHING EVER WILL.

whats with you guys and trying to stop the advance of technology... go to some religious extremist forum instead.

·
Banned
7,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

whats with you guys and trying to stop the advance of technology... go to some religious extremist forum instead.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts