Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

When the Arduino detects the temperature changing, it automatically actuates the servo to raise or lower the louvers accordingly, and the rig features a pair of supercapacitors that can store enough power to close the vents even if power is lost. There's also the all-important little red button to instantly make jaws drop.

Check out the source link! [Source]

• Rep+
Reactions: CyberDruid

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Wow... how pointless.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
Wow... how pointless.
I think i'm with you on this. Can't put a fan under it..... and it looks like the weapons on the Dark Knights forearms....
LL

·
Registered
580 Posts
Woo its a Tempest
<3

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
What's the benefit of ever closing them? It's not like dust won't accumulate anyways.

·
Registered
639 Posts
This is on the new Alienware cases...

Neat idea, but purely cosmetic.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
My next case mod I had planned something like this, but more functional and controlled a little differently.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Noise reduction maybe, but i dont see why you dont just turn the fans up and down. Pretty cool nonetheless.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Automated fan switching and throttling would make much more sense. And most cpu fan headers do that already, well at least the throttling part.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Somenamehere View Post
I had a case design like this in my head. But like you said much more functional and better.
Collaborative case mod maybe?

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This thing looks cool as crap anyway!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
All I see is the loss of a vital area for mounting rads or at least case modding fans to.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts