Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Whoa, Nelly! Isn't this something? Apple has just posted details on its iPad battery replacement service, which is really not a battery replacement service at all. Check out the company's opening line:

"If your iPad requires service due to the battery's diminished ability to hold an electrical charge, Apple will replace your iPad for a service fee."

source

This is awesome replace your scratched/dented ipad for a brand new one if the battery dies. You do need to backup but thats a one click process in itunes then when you recieve the new one click on restore backup and everything will be exactly the way it was just like you have with the iPhone and iPods

·
Registered
210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volcom13 View Post
Lol! What if you just lied to them? Apple feeling rich much?
They'll probably want you to send in your dead one.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BounouGod View Post
Apple warranty and customer service is second to none.
Samsung is beast in Korea. xD

Korean Samsung Rep : Iz brok? okai, haz newer one 4 free.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Quote:

tell that to those poor kids who were forced to work for them. lol, still pretty nice tho.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Care to elaborate?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GekzOverlord View Post
im assuming the battery is just locked into the damn thing anyways with no easy way of getting to it, so probs is alot easier to just get a replacement ipad
This. Its the same with theres iPods. Ive gotta be honest I would expect this from them, especially as you pay twice as much as you possibly should do in the first place.

+ on a side note, thats the first time ive seen the back of it, that is ugly :O (it looks white, is it silver in the flesh?)

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vespa125125 View Post
this, same with theres ipods, ive gotta be honest i would expect this from them, especially as you pay twice as much as you possibly should do anyway.

+ on a side note, thats the first time ive seen the back of it, that is ugly :O
Would you be looking at the back of your iPad much...?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnAimed
View Post

Care to elaborate?

I have received 8 replacements of my earbuds on my iPhone.

Now a pretty good argument could be made that this is because the earbuds themselves are not that good, this is not altogether untrue but i think for what they sell the quality is appropriate.

What needs to be said though is that i REALLY use them, something like 2-10 hours a day every day, with an average of 4+ hours daily i would think.

The last time i called about them was out of warranty, the guy told me that they have a policy of replacing the earbuds for free even out of warranty and that they only charged me the cost of shipping.

I of course took him up on the offer but as it turns out he was wrong so they charged me shipping and the cost of a new set.

I called them to complain, it took 5 minutes they believed me without any need to argue on the phone, refunded me the cost of the shipping and the earbuds and offered me a free iPhone case as a way of making it up to me.

You know a lot of companies that take the customers side in a situation like that without needing to talk to a supervisor?

I value customer service, i would gladly pay more for my cable/internet/cell service if calling them when there was a problem did not make me want to kill every single one of them.

·
Registered
555 Posts
For the amount of money you spend on I-Crap you should get lifetime warrenty anyway

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I am curious as to why you all think this is so great. Unless they continue this when the Ipad is out of warranty this isn't great at all. If it's under warranty and the user did not damage it in any way, it should be replaced(the battery not the whole thing) for free. Think of other computer components, your graphics card dies, and its under warranty, they don't say send me $100 and I'll get you a new one ASAP. No, they give you a new one for free!(well the cost of shipping)

Now if this continues when the Ipad is out of warranty BRAVO APPLE

EDIT: VVVVV Thats what I'm saying! VVVVV

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by UnAimed
View Post

source

This is awesome replace your scratched/dented ipad for a brand new one if the battery dies. You do need to backup but thats a one click process in itunes then when you recieve the new one click on restore backup and everything will be exactly the way it was just like you have with the iPhone and iPods

I'm sorry....am I the only person who sees the word "FEE"

Hmmm...your product has a faulty battery and it dies within the first 2 months...now you have to pay $100 to get what you originally paid for in the first place and you guys are saying that's great...am I the only one who's seeing that they are going to ass rape with this crap. I mean let's look at it this way. You send in your old one with $100 and they send you another. They take yours and replace the battery and anything else on the outside and swap serial numbers and sell it again to someone else who's having the same problem for $100 whilst spending less than $30 to refurbish yours.

I mean...I know Stockholm syndrome works for a kidnapped victim sympathizing with their kidnappers but never heard of people cheering to be raped.

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KamuiRSX
View Post

I'm sorry....am I the only person who sees the word "FEE"

Yeah they will send you a new iPad for the small price of half the cost of the device!!! I can't wait!

1 - 20 of 77 Posts