Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

AMD's Llano platform might not satisfy everyone's power-lust when housed in a desktop, but stick one of these all-in-one beauties in a laptop and you're good to go. The new HP Pavilion dv6z Quad notebook -- one of 11 new Fusion-powered models from HP -- is a case in point, having just arrived at the company's online store. The base model promises battery life of up to almost six hours, "discrete-class" integrated Radeon graphics with 512MB of video memory, and a 1.4GHz quad-core processor that can be clocked up to 2.3GHz using AMD's Turbo technology. Oh yeah, and there's the real benefit of switching to AMD: that base configuration costs just $650, versus a minimum of $999 for the Intel-equipped dv6t. For the money, you'll also get 6GB of DDR3 memory, a 640GB 5400rpm HDD, a 1366 x 768 display (yes, a glossy one), HDMI output, and a pair of USB 3.0 ports in addition to two of the USB 2.0 variety. We ought to clarify that the sexy steel gray version on the left will cost you $25 extra, but hey, who wants to be "umber gray?"

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/04/h...s-intel-on-pr/

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
That isn't bad at all...

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
hmmm....looks like i found myself a new work laptop....this is going to be interesting...

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Sounds pretty good for $650.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Aww I just bought an Acer laptop 5 months ago. Same price and can compete with it, but damn if the battery life would be better with the HP...

·
Gamer
3,647 Posts
Will these laptops have the integrated GPUs that are near-HD 3850 performance?

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
And at that resolution, yes trolls it will play Crysis.

Llano is looking hot right now.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I know this is probably stupid, but will there be an AMD Apu that will game in the upper echelon of graphics, like in the higher end gpu's like the GTX 460m or will something like that even be possible in an APU?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdRush
View Post

Waiting to see how they stack up against i5-Nvidia laptops which can be found in the $500 range.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle1337
View Post

It's pretty easy to find a 500$ i5 unit with integrated graphics..

Didn't he say Nvidia graphics?

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle1337
View Post

Haven't had coffee, yet I missed that.

Cheapest price I have seen on a i5-2410m laptop with Nvidia graphics (they suck too, only GT 520m) is $800.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeNF
View Post

Cheapest price I have seen on a i5-2410m laptop with Nvidia graphics (they suck too, only GT 520m) is $800.

He probably means the last gen core i5 with a older Nvidia graphics chip.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComradeNF
View Post

actually i'm on he hunt for a laptop. will the 2410m + 520m combo be slower than this particular hp

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dantoddd
View Post

actually i'm on he hunt for a laptop. will the 2410m + 520m combo be slower than this particular hp

Llano will have the faster GPU, i5 will be the faster CPU. Overall in games, I am betting they would be similar. But for $150 cheaper with better battery life, I would go Llano 100%.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
$771 with the Amd A8 3530, nice.
I hope I can atleast play iRacing on it. If I can, then I wont have to buy a Llano desktop.
seems like they also have a 15.6 inch 1080p screen....a little too high resolution for such a little screen isnt it.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts