Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

Digg's Kevin Rose has a solid (but far from perfect) track record when it comes to Apple rumors, and he just drove the nerds of SXSWi crazy with his latest gaze into the crystal ball: he says the iPhone 3.0 will have copy and paste. Kev says that the interface is much like the magnifying glass -- you use two fingers to select the text you want, and then you can cut or copy. Sure, that's great, but we think the bigger news is that Rose says 3.0 won't have support for background apps -- which makes his claim that that 3.0 will bring the iPhone "up to speed with the Palm Pre" a little suspect. We'll find out what's what in just a few days, but in the meantime check the video of Rose after the break.
Video in Source

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
lol YAY
it cuts and pastes like every other single smart phone.

But it took them three tries to do it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Quote:

3.0 won't have support for background apps

So that means, you can only run one thing at a time? IF thats the case...wow. My phone has had copy and paste since the get go and I can run 10+ things at the same time.

·
Premium Member
4,640 Posts
3 years too late! no one cares anymore, they're just trying to hype up the new iphone so they can sell more phones, so people buy the same phone 3 times. i'm sure they could of had copy and paste, gps in the first iphone, but they didn't, cause they new people would buy then new one for those features!

·
Registered
513 Posts
I really don't get the why people are dying to have copy and paste... Not once have I needed it. The thing simply isn't made for heavy web browsing where you'd need it.

I do however want MMS (several times I haven't gotten them), background apps, and music over bluetooth. Oh and a better camera, but im pretty sure a software update can't help that.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I use copy and paste all the time on my phone.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I background apps all the time... even whole games. Hell, I even background Sim City and then start up my own music, then re-enter the game. The thing is far more capable than Apple leads it to be.

If everyone knew how restricted they were (feature-wise) by Apple, they would never buy it. Now that I know the beauty of jailbreaking I'd never buy one that couldn't.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by i_hax View Post
I background apps all the time... even whole games. Hell, I even background Sim City and then start up my own music, then re-enter the game. The thing is far more capable than Apple leads it to be.

If everyone knew how restricted they were (feature-wise) by Apple, they would never buy it. Now that I know the beauty of jailbreaking I'd never buy one that couldn't.
Agreed, not to mention that we have had copy and pasting for a while now, look up clippy in cydia.

·
Registered
495 Posts
i'm just going to get this across, no one will read it probably, but w.e.

Apple makes their product for what they think the end user needs, they fill a need/want. They are a company. They are not in a race to have the most features, they are trying to make a solid product that flows. You guys may not realize how much more their product flows compared to the competition. I'm a htc touch pro owner, i use windows mobile 6.1 everyday. It is brand new, and yet i have to restart the phone often. While microsoft has jammed in a crap load of features, the device is relativily poorly thought out because mainly, the OS is not made for the phone specifically. While Apple has made a product that has less features, it is a product that does almost everything you need, and it does it AMAZINGLY well. Apple will continue to add features when they figure out how to make it live up to their standards of how it should work, rather than putting some glitchy feature in. They want quality in their entire product, which is why it was a big deal to open up applications to everyone to make.

all in all, apple has their own way of doing things. I'm not sure about the background app thing, but i dont understand how music can play in the background if there is no background application functionality.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramenmeal
View Post

i'm just going to get this across, no one will read it probably, but w.e.

Apple makes their product for what they think the end user needs, they fill a need/want. They are a company. They are not in a race to have the most features, they are trying to make a solid product that flows.

i stopped reading there, no they arent. They are making something shiny that they can keep adding random **** to they couldve added in the first and then keep making it shinier and then keep charing more for it. Even though its an overpriced pos. Apple is good at targeting many stupid ppl aroundt he world that waste there money on shiny things. People going to an apple store is like a kid going to a candy store. Its like theyre hypnotized by all the shiny stuff

·
Premium Member
7,949 Posts
They cannot update the firmware for this?? They have to sell a new iPhone??

I knew Apple was overrated, but I never knew they were so cheap.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
They cannot update the firmware for this?? They have to sell a new iPhone??

I knew Apple was overrated, but I never knew they were so cheap.
To be honest, most other companies don't offer major firmware updates. In my experience for example, Nokia refuses to offer the newer S60v3 feature packs to older phones, and O2 never offered a PPC2003 to WM5 or WM5 to WM6 upgrade on their rebranded HTC phones.

HTC is my favorite though. There's an unaffiliated forum dedicated to hacking HTC phones (as well as HTC rebrands), offering custom cooked firmware and sometimes even newer versions of WM.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts