1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I'm so sick of this nonsense.

·
notNOTmbudden
14,432 Posts
Very interesting with Patent No. 7,657,849.
Quote:
A method of unlocking a hand-held electronic device, the device including a touch-sensitive display, the method comprising:

detecting a contact with the touch-sensitive display at a first predefined location corresponding to an unlock image; unlocking the hand-held electronic device if the moving the unlock image on the touch-sensitive display results in movement of the unlock image from the first predefined location to a predefined unlock region on the touch-sensitive display.
Looks like they will be going after Microsoft too?

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden;14228065

And 99% of touch screen smart phones to date.

If you ask me, HTC's unlock screen is more different from Apples than stock Android... By far...

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Quote:

Wait, so if I read that right they have a patent for "Slide to unlock?"

Seriously, I really hate the American patent system. Hopefully Apple get banned from Society... they're almost as bad as a Tory government
mad.gif

·
Registered
555 Posts
This makes my blood boil. Something needs to be done to stop this nonsense. Fanboy-ism aside, I'm really starting to think that someone needs to just beat Apple at their own game and sue them for something incredibly stupid. Seeing as the patent office will let you patent anything on Gods green earth.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3_deeb;14228261
This makes my blood boil. Something needs to be done to stop this nonsense. Fanboy-ism aside, I'm really starting to think that someone needs to just beat Apple at their own game and sue them for something incredibly stupid. Seeing as the patent office will let you patent anything on Gods green earth.
I'm going to patent the reaction of the sun, from now on you will need to pay me licensing fees to be able to be outside during the day. I will of course offer them on a scale based on how much sun you are exposed to so that obviously those who like tanning naturally will pay more for the excessive use of the sun, vs. the WOW kiddies who live in mommies basement. I'm sure everyone will agree that it will be a wonderful system!
wink.gif

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
There is still Apple vs. Samsung, but I wonder will Apple flaunt their wealth again and win? The judges here in the US are old people who probably don't know about technology in general.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If I was a judge and some kiddie came crying to me saying someone stole his idea of "System and method for performing an action on a structure in computer-generated data" I would just be like "What?!"

How can you expect anyone to even consider whether they stole their idea if they've no idea what it is they've stolen?

Stupid US legal system...

·
Registered
Ti Power
3,728 Posts
I love the unlocking patent. How else are you supposed to unlock a touch screen phone. Its completely ridiculous that Apple goes and gets these insanely broad patents and then uses those to sue anyone who tries to compete.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1;14228299
There is still Apple vs. Samsung, but I wonder will Apple flaunt their wealth again and win? The judges here in the US are old people who probably don't know about technology in general.
They should get a judge just for technology especially when it comes to patents.

Anything to stop Apple from being a patent-troll.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Quote:

What about patent an idea that uses one's boner to unlock an electronic device? Darn Apple already thought of that one!

The point is that these patents are so abstract and stupid who ever invented the mechanical slider lock should sue them and collect royalties. Never ends!

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer946;14227937
Somebody needs to step in to stop apple creating a monopoly
Nope.

First off they aren't creating a monopoly, they're just taking out competition due to an outdated, vague, and almost useless patent system.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

The system is broken, Apple is simply taking advantage, which they have every right to. Just as Microsoft, Google etc etc.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.