Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:


Your existing iPhone (yeah, even the original) can surf the information superhighway at 4G speeds. Today. Who knew, right? Sprint's Overdrive -- which creates a WiFi hotspot that enables nearby devices to cruise on Clear's 4G (or 3G, if you're not in a 4G locale) network -- can theoretically enable any WiFi-capable phone to surf on WiMAX, but Sprint's taking a pretty bold approach by actually touting the feature in a new spot. Befuddled? Hop on past the break and mash play. Too bad this is about as close the iPhone will ever get to Sprint's shelves...

Source
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Haha, I saw this ad like a week ago, and I thought I was just seeing things when they flashed the iPhone.


The ability to give other devices WiFi with your Phone is really nice though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tator Tot View Post
The ability to give other devices WiFi with your Phone is really nice though.
Cough...Droid...Tethering...Cough...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,735 Posts
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
36,139 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by lockdownx1x
View Post

Cough...Droid...Tethering...Cough...

The difference is the devices, plural. And it's simple. Pretty much click a button and have your Laptop, PSP, Tablet, ect find the WiFi and it's good to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Tator Tot
View Post

The difference is the devices, plural. And it's simple. Pretty much click a button and have your Laptop, PSP, Tablet, ect find the WiFi and it's good to go.

The difference is simple. I click a Button and 4 iTouch browse the net, teacher connects and goes on Youtube (School Blocks it), and I go on Facebook.

I think I have the devices part down.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Droid can tether to multiple devices and works fine.

lockdown, do you care about bandwidth limits or do you just go without caring? I am just wondering, since I have a droid and I tether but not too much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by razor950
View Post

Droid can tether to multiple devices and works fine.

lockdown, do you care about bandwidth limits or do you just go without caring? I am just wondering, since I have a droid and I tether but not too much.

I usually do a good 10-15GB a month. Really though, the unlimited plan, is really unlimited so you reall don't have to worry much. Just don't tether like crazy and you should be fine. Also from what I can tell, tethering only accounts for 2-3GB of data. Mostly through the USB.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
Wow, this is news? Mobile Wifi Router for WinMo has been around for ages. I use it all the time on my Touch Pro.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,483 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lockdownx1x View Post
Cough...Droid...Tethering...Cough...
Cough..Windows Mobile...5 years ago...Cough
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top