Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis
View Post

I just bought my Nexus one in January for my AT&T family plan, and Im stuck using Edge/2g. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade.

Boy...that sucks.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis
View Post

I just bought my Nexus one in January for my AT&T family plan, and Im stuck using Edge/2g. Unfortunately there is no way to upgrade.

I don't get it. How are you stuck with 2G? Shouldn't you just get 3G once AT&T launches with Nexus support? The source says you just pop in your AT&T sim and you're good to go...

Edit: Ahhh I see now. https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=

Lets you pick either AT&T or T-Mobile. Can't you try contacting Google about it? I'd hope they can be generous enough to take care of you.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stealth Pyros
View Post

I don't get it. How are you stuck with 2G? Shouldn't you just get 3G once AT&T launches with Nexus support? The source says you just pop in your AT&T sim and you're good to go...

Edit: Ahhh I see now. https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=

Lets you pick either AT&T or T-Mobile. Can't you try contacting Google about it? I'd hope they can be generous enough to take care of you.

I still don't see why he can't use 3G. I'm on Telus and even though Telus doesn't sell that phone, if I were to stick my SIM card in it, I would get HSPA (3G+).

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie View Post
I still don't see why he can't use 3G. I'm on Telus and even though Telus doesn't sell that phone, if I were to stick my SIM card in it, I would get HSPA (3G+).
different bands,
T-mobile bands = wind in canada.

I just ordered mine,
cant wait (On telus, currently have a milestone, had a tour>bold2>storm2>bold2 before)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I need a new phone, currently on rogers and the nexus one would probably be my #1 option but i really see no point in paying 529$ when i could get another android phone for 179$ if i just add an extra year on my contract.

The problem really is that there are no special rates if you choose to pay for the phone yourself, i mean bottom line here is i am going to have to do business with one of these companies regardless, might as well get an almost free phone for my trouble.

Videotron launches their own network in may/june, i guess i will wait to see what the rates look like since i already have all my other services with them i fully expect some really good rates with them, plus they will have phones that come with sling player like service built in which i find really cool.

The bonus in waiting till june is i get to see what the new iPhone looks like, might be worth the wait.

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BounouGod
View Post

I need a new phone, currently on rogers and the nexus one would probably be my #1 option but i really see no point in paying 529$ when i could get another android phone for 179$ if i just add an extra year on my contract.

The problem really is that there are no special rates if you choose to pay for the phone yourself, i mean bottom line here is i am going to have to do business with one of these companies regardless, might as well get an almost free phone for my trouble.

Videotron launches their own network in may/june, i guess i will wait to see what the rates look like since i already have all my other services with them i fully expect some really good rates with them, plus they will have phones that come with sling player like service built in which i find really cool.

The bonus in waiting till june is i get to see what the new iPhone looks like, might be worth the wait.

Get the almost free phone, sell it on ebay, then buy the nexus. Its really simple.....

• Rep+
Reactions: BounouGod

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arekieh
View Post

Get the almost free phone, sell it on ebay, then buy the nexus. Its really simple.....

That is actually not a bad idea, could get a 3gs and sell it on craigslist...

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BounouGod View Post
That is actually not a bad idea, could get a 3gs and sell it on craigslist...
Kiching! $$$$.
Lol you could make $300-$400 from the sale of a 3gs, and the nexus is only $550 shipped to canada. so itll only end up costing you ~200, which is how much you were going to pay for a different "almost free" phone anywas.

·
Registered
922 Posts
i think we should all wait. they arent selling very many N1 because of tmobile's crappy 3g. now with this release to att maybe the price will drop. i am at tmobile no contract and im waiting for them to let you add a nexus to a family plan. which is SO stupid that they dont allow you to

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crackzattic
View Post

i think we should all wait. they arent selling very many N1 because of tmobile's crappy 3g. now with this release to att maybe the price will drop. i am at tmobile no contract and im waiting for them to let you add a nexus to a family plan. which is SO stupid that they dont allow you to

how much cheaper is it going to get?????
Its already by far the cheapest smartphone of its caliber

1 - 14 of 14 Posts