Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/27/samsung-galaxy-note-iii-rumor-4k-video-recording/

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/27/rumor-galaxy-note-iii-to-support-4k-video-recording-24-bit192khz-music-playback/?utm_source=feedly
Quote:
Fresh rumors about the Galaxy Note III have cropped up, and this time, they're about the video and audio capabilities of the upcoming handset. According to The Korea Economic Daily, the Note III will let users record video at 4K resolution, or at 3840 x 2160 pixels resolution, and will also offer 24-bit/192KHz music playback to keep the audio buffs happy.
This will be really interesting and will really show off that SnapDragon 800 processor.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
What the.... I'd get it just for the DAC portion alone! I know I can just hook up a DAC to my phone as is but this completely eliminates the bulkiness.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
4k video recording is absolutely worthless right now. I do like the music playback on my note 2 though so I'm glad this may be a step up.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunreeper View Post

4k video recording is absolutely worthless right now. I do like the music playback on my note 2 though so I'm glad this may be a step up.
8GB of flash memory. That equates to what, 5 minutes of 4k video? Another pretty much useless feature in our phones.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8800GT View Post

Quote:

8GB of flash memory. That equates to what, 5 minutes of 4k video? Another pretty much useless feature in our phones.
This. 4k takes an obscene amount of space its just a gimmick unless somebody actually wants to fill their whole phone with a minute of 4k video lool or its going to be heavily compressed where there's not even a point anymore.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannakji View Post

If only there was something... like... expandable storage... like on a small card or something.
64gbs is not going to make a difference neither is 128gbs, which I doubt any consumer would get or even if phones support that large a size.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Yayyyy now we can have 6 whole minutes of video
tongue.gif

·
Registered
933 Posts
Don't want more pixels from my phone camera, want better pixels!

Think of what the low light performance of this is going to be in 4K recording... what a noisy mess

·
Still kinda lost
3,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNet View Post

And here I thought they can't stick any more useless things in phones.
I think it's sorta middle-finger to nokia and their 1237092 pixel cameraphone
And what does the 4K video has to do with the 41 mega pixel camera??

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
I find this rather unlikely, the battery dies fast with most phones when recording video at much lower resolutions. Plus the memory capacity on the phone wouldn't be adequate enough for a 1min clip @ 4k let alone anything else....

Rumours will be rumours....

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
So let me see if I understand this correctly.....

When a new phone does not have removable storage everyone throws a fit saying how much they need it and blah blah blah, but when a new technology pops up in a phone WITH expandable storage everyone focuses on the lack of rumored flash storage just so they can argue that they will fill it up in two minutes of video.

I really wish I could quit the internet sometimes..

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Quote:

Yayyyy now we can have 6 whole minutes of video
tongue.gif
8Gb = 5 Minutes
64Gb = 40 Minutes
128Gb = 80 Minutes

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Hmm interesting, I have the original Samsung Note and other than terrible Black levels in video ( I mean like two shades of black...grey and black) it should be close to the upgrade option soon. Providing they fixed the black levels I would consider this.

I as well don't understand the rancor about 4k on the phone. If true, they are pushing a limit doing something no one else has done. It's not like the phones lifespan is beyond what...3 months in today's market.
biggrin.gif

This would be a decent upgrade unless Apple decides to make the girly hand iPhone 5 even smaller../sarcasm.
rolleyes.gif

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
If anybody hoped that the term "4k" would die, seeing as it has penetrated the mobile sphere as well, you might as well get used to it.

I don't see how this could be an issue at all. If the hardware is there, use it. If you don't think there's enough memory, use 1080p...or purchase a micro-sd card.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts