Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

The best and worst part about robots is the fact that they can be purpose-built to perform any task at hand. Oh sure, they can be built to kill, or they can built to test motorcycles without risk to our feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks. Introducing Flossie, the Castrol-developed test rider who's threading a Fireblade between its "legs" in the shot above. The robot features a self-learning mode that enables it to get a feel (throttle response, clutch drag, gear shifting patterns, etc.) for any stationary bike upon which it's perched -- right, stationary... he's no Murata Boy. Still, as the ultimate precision rider that never tires, Flossie allows Castrol to evaluate its lubricants as effectively as possible. See it in action after the break.

source

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Thats pretty damn cool!

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
Quote:
The best and worst part about robots is the fact that they can be purpose-built to perform any task at hand. Oh sure, they can be built to kill, or they can built to test motorcycles without risk to our feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks. Introducing Flossie, the Castrol-developed test rider who's threading a Fireblade between its "legs" in the shot above. The robot features a self-learning mode that enables it to get a feel (throttle response, clutch drag, gear shifting patterns, etc.) for any stationary bike upon which it's perched -- right, stationary... he's no Murata Boy. Still, as the ultimate precision rider that never tires, Flossie allows Castrol to evaluate its lubricants as effectively as possible. See it in action after the break.

Not "us feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks", because then I'd be posting about the obvious cannibal joke. But at least then they'd of been referring to a whole person... not just a part of a person.

"our feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks"

...and the "tasty" part, well

I mean REALLY!! WTH!? I guess Engadget's staff must not include an Editor.

...and unfortunately, now robots can even take Evel Knievel's job.

·
Registered
718 Posts
greatsquare, fyi, meat sacks = bodies

so test motorcycles without risk to our feeble bodies

don't be so critical...

they were not referring to our nut sacks...

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Culverin
View Post

greatsquare, fyi, meat sacks = bodies

so test motorcycles without risk to our feeble bodies

don't be so critical...

they were not referring to our nut sacks...

I believe the TOS says that IF we refer to them, we should refer to them as either 'hairy bean bags', or 'coin purses'.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreatsquare
View Post

Not "us feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks", because then I'd be posting about the obvious cannibal joke. But at least then they'd of been referring to a whole person... not just a part of a person.

"our feeble (yet tasty) meat-sacks"

...and the "tasty" part, well

I mean REALLY!! WTH!? I guess Engadget's staff must not include an Editor.

...and unfortunately, now robots can even take Evel Knievel's job.

You've obviously never played KOTOR.

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts

Stop! It just hit me when I 1st read it that I couldn't stop laughin for like 5 minutes.

...and still, be it in part or whole, "tasty", [?]... that just introduces yet another can of worms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts