Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:


Ready for another long, drawn-out copy and paste controversy to overtake your every waking moment for a year or two? Good: Microsoft just mentioned in a Q&A session here at MIX10 in no uncertain terms that clipboard operations won't be supported on Windows Phone 7 Series...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/16/w...opy-and-paste/

the more i read about this OS the more i hate it. i mean,

Quote:


...Microsoft says most users, including Office users, don't really need clipboard functionality. We... respectfully disagree? Sure, let's leave it at that.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
LOL, what a stupid move on M$ part... Its sometimes small features such as a clipboard that can be crucial to sales, and the product taking off...

GG Microsoft
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,000 Posts
Thats kind of dumb, however, i have only used copy/paste on my phone a handful of times in two years. Yes, it is a nice feature to have, but not absolutely necessary. IMO
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,999 Posts
If Microsoft doesn't end up including Copy Paste in their OS, very lame move from their part. But Windows Mobile being very modular etc, I'm sure someone will find a way to implement Copy/Paste functionality. I have a hard time believing Windows Mobile 7 will actually ship with no support of c/p. Hell, c/p was a "new feature" Apple bragged about when releasing a new update to the iPhone; if Apple did it, then there obviously are users that make use of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,188 Posts
It always depends on how you use your phone, yea some people may not use it very often, but I have an iphone, which I do a lot of e-mails, web browsing and text messages while on the run, and copy/paste is very useful, and i use it on a daily basis.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:


Originally Posted by Emmanuel
View Post

If Microsoft doesn't end up including Copy Paste in their OS, very lame move from their part. But Windows Mobile being very modular etc, I'm sure someone will find a way to implement Copy/Paste functionality. I have a hard time believing Windows Mobile 7 will actually ship with no support of c/p. Hell, c/p was a "new feature" Apple bragged about when releasing a new update to the iPhone; if Apple did it, then there obviously are users that make use of it.

playing devil's advocate, it was also Apple released the phone without copy/paste
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,999 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by -iceblade^
View Post

playing devil's advocate, it was also Apple released the phone without copy/paste

Yeah but my point was that they didn't release it for nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
*Facepalm*

What the HELL MS? Really? Really..? WinMo 6.5 FTW. They're trying so hard to make it a consumer electronics device that they are forgetting why people use WinMo in the first place. They're going to squeeze out all the power users and business customers in favor of braindead teens and soccer moms....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,999 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TFB View Post
Nice work MS! Let's drop a very basic function for what purpose again?
Yeah just like dropping the advanced tag editor in WMP in Windows 7, dumbest idea ever. There are some fields that only advanced tag editor allowed you to edit etc, I don't understand their ******ed moves sometimes.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
Yeah but my point was that they didn't release it for nothing.
fair point
. mine was that apple dropped it in the first place.

maybe MS will do the same thing and see that it is needed, then add it in later. not that that disproves or disclaims the fact that it should be there in the first place.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
9,637 Posts
Wow, they're really trying to appeal to the general consumer now. This won't fly well because the majority of their current audience is professional users. Apple is absolutely dominating the general consumer audience, and if they kick out basic features like this, M$ will lose out completely.

I can see it now, Apple vs Microsoft ads.

Apple: You can copy this message here and send it to Sally. Then paste it into your notes for future reference. And paste this in a message to Bob. Oh, let's paste this into twitter too!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,999 Posts
Quote:


Apple: You can copy this message here and send it to Sally. Then paste it into your notes for future reference. And paste this in a message to Bob. Oh, let's paste this into twitter too!

Microsoft guy: I can do that too. I can learn it by heart and type it as fast as you copy paste it. So... uhh, yeah, uhm...
 

·
Audiofool
Joined
·
3,486 Posts
Whoops, wrong thread. Please delete.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,744 Posts
Man, I'm starting to get the feeling I need to learn to use android....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
I probably use my iPhones cut & paste at least 3 times a day? Is it a small inconvenience, yeah. It's unacceptable to release something that's not up to date with the current mobile OS's.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,407 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Licht
View Post

They are going to achieve the impossible and ruin Windows Mobile.

How is that impossible? They already ruined an entire OS!

ZING!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top