Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Well, wouldn't you know it? 3D seems to be the topic of conversation here at GDC , and Paris-based Darkworks is making a splash by announcing the availability of its TriOviz for Games SDK. In short, this magical software concoction is a post-process effect that allows standard 2D games to be transformed into 3D masterpieces... and you don't even need to buy a 3D television

Now this is more like it....

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/11/d...-3d-tv-requir/

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
They aren't really giving us much information, though. They are hyping it without really giving a basic explanation of what it is, how it works, or how it is different from other implementations, or why I should purchase this over other products on the market, etc.

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mjolnir View Post
They aren't really giving us much information, though. They are hyping it without really giving a basic explanation of what it is, how it works, or how it is different from other implementations, or why I should purchase this over other products on the market, etc.
Exactly.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This would be a great company for ATI or somebody to pick up. I could imagine in a dream one GFX card company aquiring the technology (if it's not vapoware) and incorporating it into a future gfx card. That's a significant selling point, atleast to me and I imagine to others, 3d without the need to buy a new tv. I have to admit some suspicion to the feature rich promises and I have to imagine FPS taking some sort of hit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts