Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What power supply is good enough to power sli 7800gtx the new presler 3.2ghz 2gigs ram 4sata drives tv tuner..etc??
Some sites say 150watt or something for the presler and 250 for a single gtx can anyone give me info about that too? thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
You will need much, much more than 150watts. The minimum requirement for the 7 series NVIDIA cards is 350watts, I believe. I'd say something like a 550w would be sufficient with decent amperage.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yes, I'd go with the 600w as well. I'm using a 650w for my computer which will eventually have a somewhat-alike configuration to yours.

·
Registered
672 Posts
This post is probably useless; but just thought I'd edit what I said earlier, I think the 7 series requires 450watts of power minimum, not 350; I think 350 is the 6 series.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Correct Hyrox.

I would go with that Seasonic 600W or another higher end psu. I got the Enermax 600W Noisetaker after my Antec 550W had problems. This psu yes has 50 more watts, but is also a much better psu. That looks to be a somewhat power hungry machine. Believe me, you'll end up spending more if you don't get a good one in the first place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts