Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help getting my system to be stable at 3.6ghz. Ive had it running at 3.6ghz for over a year, but ive reached a point where my system is no longer willing to work with me.

So, my experience with overclocking...lets say Ive managed to go 3.6ghz for over a year and not have it stable since. My most common stability issue was the BSOD: STOP 0x00000124 error and I just didnt know how to fix it. I need to get it back up and running at 3.6 ghz, but stable this time.

Can anyone help me?

·
Registered
377 Posts
it may just be due to chip degradation... you might want to specify BCLCK, multi, voltages etc...

I am not an experienced overclocker, but those might help those who are.

·
Premium Member
5,246 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
124 bsod stop code means your qpi/uncore voltage is too high or too low. Try playing with that setting and see if that helps.

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kristof View Post
I need help getting my system to be stable at 3.6ghz. Ive had it running at 3.6ghz for over a year, but ive reached a point where my system is no longer willing to work with me.

So, my experience with overclocking...lets say Ive managed to go 3.6ghz for over a year and not have it stable since. My most common stability issue was the BSOD: STOP 0x00000124 error and I just didnt know how to fix it. I need to get it back up and running at 3.6 ghz, but stable this time.

Can anyone help me?
0x00000124 is a VTT error. its called MCH/DRAM reference in the BIOS.

bump it to ~1.325ish volts and you should be golden.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts